Fuel Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Ram 5.7 Crew Cab.. 26 Gallon Tank...
Maybe im just realizing this because gas pricing are ****** me without any KY.. but, How do i fill up with 27.5 gallons of gas in a 26 gallon tank? On top of that i still had guessing 2-3 gallons left in the tank when i stopped to fill up.

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I rmemeber in nascar when newman was winning all them races off fuel mileage everyone thought it was because he had a degree in rocket science. Come to find out, there was no regulation on how long the gas line could be. So they made a big coil of gas line, enough to hold abother 10 gallons of gas.. lol.. im beginning to wonder gow long my gas line is..lol

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I rmemeber in nascar when newman was winning all them races off fuel mileage everyone thought it was because he had a degree in rocket science. Come to find out, there was no regulation on how long the gas line could be. So they made a big coil of gas line, enough to hold abother 10 gallons of gas.. lol.. im beginning to wonder gow long my gas line is..lol
Smokey did it better.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you buy the truck new or used? You say you had approximately 2 or 3 gallons left in the tank and still put over 27 gallons in a 26 gallon tank? You have close to 30 gallons in a 26 gallon tank. Ive never heard of a gas tank randomly growing in size. Stupid question but are you sure it is a 26 gallon tank and not the larger one? Something doesn't add up. What you said would make total sense if it was the 33 gallon tank

Fifty

Reaction score
Ram Year
The vehicle's fuel tank capacity does not include the vapor headspace (that portion of the tank compartment at a level above the filler pipe neck) or the volume of the filler pipe.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Maybe im just realizing this because gas pricing are ****** me without any KY.. but, How do i fill up with 27.5 gallons of gas in a 26 gallon tank? On top of that i still had guessing 2-3 gallons left in the tank when i stopped to fill up.
You can't. Either the pump delivery is off which is highly unlikely or you have the 33-gallon tank option in your truck.

OP
OP
S

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can't. Either the pump delivery is off which is highly unlikely or you have the 33-gallon tank option in your truck.
Ahaaa.. im the dummy... never knew i had the upgraded tank. Ordered the window spec sheets today and sure enough, it is a 32 gallon tank.. Glad i didnt throw a big ole hissy fit at the gas station.. lol

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I can't get more than 24.6 gallons in my 26 gallon tank.

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Crawl under the truck. The capacity is is stamped on the tank. If its 26, you need to report that station. They are ripping people off big time.

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure you don’t have the 32 gallon tank?

shogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahaaa.. im the dummy... never knew i had the upgraded tank. Ordered the window spec sheets today and sure enough, it is a 32 gallon tank.. Glad i didnt throw a big ole hissy fit at the gas station.. lol
If yours is like mine, even though we have a 32gal tank, the gauge is calibrated for the 26gal capacity...

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
extra volume is ethanol and water they put in it.... lol
it's the filler neck and vapor space that can account for extra volume