Fuelpump issue or bad tipm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ginger Fish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys..
Yesterday my truck died on the freeway...
Began to stall an the died...tried to crank it over but it just acted like it was out of fuel...

Had to have it towed home...

My truck is a Ram 1500 2009..5,7 hemi
Been searching all over the place but I can't find a single wiring diagram over the tipm?

Tried bypassing the M20 fuse but still can't here the pump running? If the relay is "locked" in an open position. It won't send any power to the pump. (I belive) If it was in an closed position the pump will always be running.

There fore I wish to find a wiring diagram so I know witch cables that go directly to the pump the pump?

I'm hoping that I don't need to take down the fueltank.. Almost full...

Anyone that could give me a helping hand with this??
Regards Michael

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure what fuse is the fuel pump fuse on a 09, but if you send 12v on the fuel pump fuse and it starts and runs its the relay in the TIPM. If not its the fuel pump....

OP
OP
Ginger Fish

Ginger Fish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi..

ok thanks... not the kind of job I’m loopings forward doning.

down with the fueltank it is...bummer :favorites68:

just wanted to try bypassing it outside the tipm.. but guess not?

thanks for your Quick reply

Regards michael

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You tried sending power straight from the battery to the fuse slot for fuel pump? If you tried that and still no fuel pump than yes. Bad pump.

OP
OP
Ginger Fish

Ginger Fish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi..

Yepp tried that...no fuel...I’m guessing what I’m doing this weekend??!

regards Michael

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Hold up. So have you tried jumping a 12v constant power to the fuel pump relay in the TIPM? Because if the fuel pump kicks on with that. The tipm is bad.. if it doesn't kick on then yes. Fuel pump.

It's also not THAT hard to do. I did mine on the 2012.

I also made a thread about it somewhere which may help you. I just cant find it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Ginger Fish

Ginger Fish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys..
Tried bypass the tipm... no luck.

tried to Darin the fuel because it was almost full...no luck with that either. Got the tank out and the fuel pump.

ordered one new fuel pump. Man that was expensive almost 720usd, over here with taxes and shippingcosts..

now we just have to wait for it.... waiting.....still waiting.

Damn Corona **** makes everything take forever to get here!!

let you now how it goes when it gets here..

Regards Michael

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I might try again, it is the TIPM in this case more then not..

Man be careful if you have to empty that. That is one of two things I would let dealer do if they failed. Maybe you have a friend you could just siphon into his tank and he could toss you a couple bucks.

OP
OP
Ginger Fish

Ginger Fish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys...

Finally the fuel pump arrived, got the little bogger out and replaced it. Started the truck while the tank was on the floor to see If I had any leaks..heard the pump running again. And it started right up.....

the sweet Sound of a v8 in the morning

Took it for several testdrives and it working perfect..
So the tipm wasn’t the problem this time...

hopefully this will never ever happend again

Thanks for all your support

regards michael

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
anyone had a 2010 tipm fuel relay go bad ? mine has a fuse so could put fuel relay 12 volts fuse wire to sunroof fuse ! mine is stalling at stop sign and drops rpms to 450 rpms on its own so not sure if its the tpim ! thinking of jumping a wirer to m 25 fuel fuse ? any help I d be thankful truck is like new 60, 000 no rust all new condition in california were no snow so sucks this going on ! stealers just love my 100.00 dont see anything really ? cuz old dont drive it like a baby hit the gas and go love power it has !

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
anyone had a 2010 tipm fuel relay go bad ? mine has a fuse so could put fuel relay 12 volts fuse wire to sunroof fuse ! mine is stalling at stop sign and drops rpms to 450 rpms on its own so not sure if its the tpim ! thinking of jumping a wirer to m 25 fuel fuse ? any help I d be thankful truck is like new 60, 000 no rust all new condition in california were no snow so sucks this going on ! stealers just love my 100.00 dont see anything really ? cuz old dont drive it like a baby hit the gas and go love power it has !

shows you the entire process of testing and bypassing and sells the wire if you like. The issue most likely is the solder joint not the relay, so until it goes completely fatal, it will likely mess with you for a while. Just like a corroded spark plug tip, sometimes it will skip but most of the time it will fire until it gets worse and worse.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Just make sure you bypass it to accessory relay location that comes on with key, or the fuel pump will stay on 24/7 until it goes toast. But you don't have tipm?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have you tried doing a reset? Turn key to run let lights and dinging stop slowly push pedal to floor ,th en slowly release. Maybe this can help.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Have you tried doing a reset? Turn key to run let lights and dinging stop slowly push pedal to floor ,th en slowly release. Maybe this can help.
i did it and my mechanic did it too but still bad ! everytime now seend stops drops to 450 rpm then jumps back up 600 rpm ! even reset ecm and nothing went back to doing it a week later oh well !

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
shows you the entire process of testing and bypassing and sells the wire if you like. The issue most likely is the solder joint not the relay, so until it goes completely fatal, it will likely mess with you for a while. Just like a corroded spark plug tip, sometimes it will skip but most of the time it will fire until it gets worse and worse.

my fuse box is kinda like 2009 or 2010 3500 dodge truck so got a wire setup need lower fuses to work cuz relays and big fuses are in the way to plug in even if bend them fuse s sideways sucks !

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Just make sure you bypass it to accessory relay location that comes on with key, or the fuel pump will stay on 24/7 until it goes toast. But you don't have tipm?
it has relay on broad tipm ok !
here's the strange thing one side on relay fuse is hot all the time engine not running ! I never hear pump running if fuse out wont run pump did this test ! so crazy not sure what dodge wiring they did on my truck ! hot all the time and turn key to turn relay on to start the pump ? so sucks ! still not money to put ecm in and program new keys ! so suck waitting for it and my tapping tapit to go hate dodge for cheap crap they put in !

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Hi guys..
Yesterday my truck died on the freeway...
Began to stall an the died...tried to crank it over but it just acted like it was out of fuel...

Had to have it towed home...

My truck is a Ram 1500 2009..5,7 hemi
Been searching all over the place but I can't find a single wiring diagram over the tipm?

Tried bypassing the M20 fuse but still can't here the pump running? If the relay is "locked" in an open position. It won't send any power to the pump. (I believe) If it was in an closed position the pump will always be running.

There fore I wish to find a wiring diagram so I know witch cables that go directly to the pump the pump?

I'm hoping that I don't need to take down the fuel tank.. Almost full...

Anyone that could give me a helping hand with this??
Regards Michael
I have same box tipm m22 is fuel fuse relay ! mine is hot on right side of fuse plug ! when engine not running so guess the start turn key turns relay on to power fuel pump ? not like other tipm 2011 and up ! not covered on recall bull right ! mine stalls at stop sign really sucks getting worse was thinking of connecting to sunroof fuse put in a 20 amp dont have sunroof ! but need wirer and lower fuses shorter to fit guessing old school mechanic 70 s u could with fuse inline run a hot wire to left side of fuse see if pump works disconnect gas line get something to catch gas see it it turns on or a fuel gage ok ! say it on utube ! scott

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Hi guys...

Finally the fuel pump arrived, got the little bogger out and replaced it. Started the truck while the tank was on the floor to see If I had any leaks..heard the pump running again. And it started right up.....

the sweet Sound of a v8 in the morning

Took it for several testdrives and it working perfect..
So the tipm wasn’t the problem this time...

hopefully this will never ever happend again

Thanks for all your support

regards michael
just saw this what u said guess soon find my problem hope ! dealer says one side of fuse hot all the time hummmm did just lose a 2 year old battery past week ? more testing guess ? dont hear pump a running when off ? crazy right ! trying to get a external fuel relay just in case ? have a wirer set up in case too ! sucks not dependable truck !

Last edited: