Gas Nozzle Gets Stuck in Filler Neck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have an 18 ram and haven't had issues with the nozzle getting stuck, but 1 out of 3 times filling up it, the pump will keep shutting off after 1/2 a gallon. Wonder if the new fuel neck would help? Planning on taking to the shop soon but it's a sporadic problem and will be hard to recreate on demand. Does seem to possibly be related to the charcoal canister as it seems to happen in spells. Frustrating issue.
Might give this some thought. Dealer determined this was the issue with mine. (Mine was determined to be defective and replaced with part 68442608AA).

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They are going to fix mine, free of charge, at the dealership.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So tested it out, and nozzle goes in and out a lot easier. I really like this dealership and especially my service advisor. I will definitely buy my next new truck there.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So tested it out, and nozzle goes in and out a lot easier. I really like this dealership and especially my service advisor. I will definitely buy my next new truck there.

What part number was it on the receipt?

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Anyone keeping score on this, wonder what the difference is in the two different part numbers being used?

68442608AA
68448220AA

The bottom number is the one they put in mine as well and it has a much less steep angle. I filled up about a week ago and it goes in super easy, fills right up, and easy to come out. For 2 years I struggled with the stock one. I always dreaded filling up, now it's no problem.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The bottom number is the one they put in mine as well and it has a much less steep angle. I filled up about a week ago and it goes in super easy, fills right up, and easy to come out. For 2 years I struggled with the stock one. I always dreaded filling up, now it's no problem.
Same here , I no longer dread going to fill up

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
you shouldn't have to perform a "magic trick" to fill up your truck.

SteveH10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I am surprised that this thread seems to have died. The other day I went to Costco for gas. They have the new fill nozzles. I had to twist the nozzle into the filler tube to get the switch engaged. When my tank was full, I had such a hard time trying to remove the nozzle from filler tube that I sprained my wrist. I see that there are efforts for a case action lawsuit but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. What will it take for FCS US LLC to address this issue?

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I am surprised that this thread seems to have died. The other day I went to Costco for gas. They have the new fill nozzles. I had to twist the nozzle into the filler tube to get the switch engaged. When my tank was full, I had such a hard time trying to remove the nozzle from filler tube that I sprained my wrist. I see that there are efforts for a case action lawsuit but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. What will it take for FCS US LLC to address this issue?

Have you gone to talk to the service manager your local dealers? As I posted earlier in the thread I talked to mine and they did authorize it under warranty, as long as you're under 36,000 miles.

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I found the easiest way to dislodge it is push down on nozzel and push it at the base of the vapor trap.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I found the easiest way to dislodge it is push down on nozzel and push it at the base of the vapor trap.

Once you get the updated part in, you don't even think about gassing up. You just put the nozzle in, let it gas up, pull the nozzle out and leave.

SteveH10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Have you gone to talk to the service manager your local dealers? As I posted earlier in the thread I talked to mine and they did authorize it under warranty, as long as you're under 36,000 miles.
I bought the truck used and it has 48,000 miles. It really has not been an issue as I read how you have to tip most nozzles down or press the lever to just one click (fill up takes longer). It was just that this is the first time I've gotten gas at Costco with their special nozzles.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I bought the truck used and it has 48,000 miles. It really has not been an issue as I read how you have to tip most nozzles down or press the lever to just one click (fill up takes longer). It was just that this is the first time I've gotten gas at Costco with their special nozzles.

Many people have put the updated fill tube in by themselves. It's really well worth it. You can gas up fast and you don't even think about it. They really should have done a full recall on them.

SteveH10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Many people have put the updated fill tube in by themselves. It's really well worth it. You can gas up fast and you don't even think about it. They really should have done a full recall on them.
I have it on order and I plan to install it this weekend.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have this problem at the Costco pumps....never at regular gas stations. I'll deal with the inconvenience for the savings I get from Costco.

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have this same issue in CA but not at all Chevron stations. We just drove up to Provo Utah from Chula Vista CA and when i filled up starting in Las Vegas and other stops up and back all at Chevron stations, I only had issues with the Chevron stations in CA. Of course when i go to another area in CA to fill up I may find a Chevron station on occasion that does not have this issue.

Thanks for all the tips on removing the pump from the filter tube.