Good replacement clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I'm looking for a good replacement clutch. My truck is tuned so daily driving is fine but as soon as I get on it a little the stock clutch slips. I don't do much towing so it doesn't have to be crazy heavy duty. I want to keep it as close to stock feel but be able to handle about 900 lbs/ft. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
My truck has the 68rfe so this is second hand information, but has been hashed and re-hashed a bunch on the cummins forum. The consensus I have found is one side says Southbend dual disk and the other side says no Valair Dual disk. From what I can perceive it is a toss up and just a matter of what comes first to your hand. If I had to pick I would probably go with the Southbend. They say both of these clutches can handle a whole lot of torque without slippage. Three disk clutches have started to show up for the G56 trucks but I seriously doubt you will ever need one. Hope this helps a little.