Good transmission shop in Edmonton ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TA-PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering if any of my Alberta peeps on here can recommend a good transmission shop in the Edmonton area? Having some trans issues I would like to get resolved before it strands me somewhere……
TIA

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I used lo cost transmission on why’re Abe he had one sitting on the shelf. So the turn around time was short a mere 4 grand and I was good to go. 2015 pw been good for the last 100k kms

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just wondering if any of my Alberta peeps on here can recommend a good transmission shop in the Edmonton area? Having some trans issues I would like to get resolved before it strands me somewhere……
TIA
What issues are you having?

OP
OP
TA-PW

TA-PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What issues are you having?
Harsh shift into 4th sometimes, then sometimes shifts from 1st to 4th and won’t go any higher. I also had a check engine light on and when I scanned it it was an overdrive solenoid code, happened when I was in Tow mode towing a fairly light trailer.
I’m wondering if a valve body upgrade would fix my issues.

Todd

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds more like the solenoid pack to me. They are a known issue along with the valvebody. I don’t want to tell you to just start throwing parts at it but if it were me I would change the valvebody and solenoid pack together. If you are comfortable doing it then I would definitely do so. Dropping the pan, changing the fluid, filters and valvebody take probably an hour.

OP
OP
TA-PW

TA-PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds more like the solenoid pack to me. They are a known issue along with the valvebody. I don’t want to tell you to just start throwing parts at it but if it were me I would change the valvebody and solenoid pack together. If you are comfortable doing it then I would definitely do so. Dropping the pan, changing the fluid, filters and valvebody take probably an hour.
Ya that’s what I was thinking of doing, I’m pretty comfortable doing it, been a Diesel engine mechanic for 30+ years and used to rebuild Allison off highway transmissions, 5960 and 6061’s.
Any recommendations on brands? I’ve seen NextGen and Sonnax ones

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’d say your capable for sure. I put a sonnax in mine which are reman oem with upgraded components and they have been machined flat to get rid of the warping. I can’t really comment on other brands but I know revmax and ats make them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357