Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just installed a set of Goodyear Endurance tires, 235/80/16 on the travel trailer. Discount Tire set them at 80 pounds, but it makes the trailer bouncy. The trailer weighs. 7500 pounds so I am thinking about setting the tire pressure at 70 pounds to get some to the bounce out. Any thoughts?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Trailers bounce regardless since they have no shocks. There are shock kits available. I'd go that route instead of running under inflated trailer tires. Especially trailer tires, since most are not reliable. 10#s might not jeopardize the construction but at the same time probably won't help with the bounce.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
More air pressure will just make it bounce more...
Use the load/inflation table from the manufacturer.

When I left the dealer they inflated my TT tires to 80, it was horribly bouncy.
I knocked it down to 60 (which jumps to 70 at highway speeds) which is way more than needed, but I'm not going to run it at the minimum pressure either. I may even drop it down to 50 sold to see if rides even better.

Last edited:

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
^^^^ what he said.

Follow the tire inflation chart for your specific tires and load. Get your trailer weighed at a CAT scale.

The old way of "run them at max cold PSI" no longer applies for modern radial trailer tires. That was for bias ply.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
St tires should always be run at full pressure as noted on sidewall.

p rated or lt tires can be run at lower than max pressure and you need to refer to the manufacturer chart for appropriate pressure on the camper, if you purchased the same size and rating tire came on the camper that is.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
St tires should always be run at full pressure as noted on sidewall.

p rated or lt tires can be run at lower than max pressure and you need to refer to the manufacturer chart for appropriate pressure on the camper, if you purchased the same size and rating tire came on the camper that is.

That is absolutely NOT the case with modern radial ST trailer tires. It was when we had bias ply tires that required max pressure for rigidity. Running a bias ply tire low on pressure absolutely shreds them inside.

All "good" manufacturers of radial trailer tires now have inflation charts based on the load they'll be carrying.

For instance, if you are running 4x Goodyear Endurance 205/75R15 LRD's under a trailer that weighs 7500 lbs you do not need, and should not run them at, 65 PSI. You would need somewhere between 50-55 cold PSI for the desired load capacity of 1820-1940 lbs per tire.

Overinflating a radial trailer tire is as bad as overinflating a radial car/truck tire. You'll have abnormal center wear and reduced shock load compensation. You can damage your trailer as the tire is part of the suspension.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is absolutely NOT the case with modern radial ST trailer tires. It was when we had bias ply tires that required max pressure for rigidity. Running a bias ply tire low on pressure absolutely shreds them inside.

All "good" manufacturers of radial trailer tires now have inflation charts based on the load they'll be carrying.

For instance, if you are running 4x Goodyear Endurance 205/75R15 LRD's under a trailer that weighs 7500 lbs you do not need, and should not run them at, 65 PSI. You would need somewhere between 50-55 cold PSI for the desired load capacity of 1820-1940 lbs per tire.

Overinflating a radial trailer tire is as bad as overinflating a radial car/truck tire. You'll have abnormal center wear and reduced shock load compensation. You can damage your trailer as the tire is part of the suspension.
Riccochet, you and I are almost always on the same page for most things here. I must disagree with you on part of this one, though. I have been towing everything under the sun all my adult life. I wholeheartedly agree with the comment on bias-ply tires, that running them low will destroy them. However, even after I switched my bass boat tires to radial I still ran them at max sidewall pressure - or very close to it - and I never had any abnormal center wear. When I sold my last boat in 2020, I had put new radials on it about 18 months prior and had towed it probably 4000 miles during that time. When the guy came to pick it up he asked me if I had just put new tires on it. They still had the little "rubber fingers" sticking off the sides of the tread with almost no indication of wear. Even I had been surprised, because every time I got back from a trip I would look at those tires and ask myself, "Are these ever going to wear out?" I also had stopped blowing out a grease seal every year because the radials rode so much smoother. They were Carlisles, so good tires but not what you would call 'high-end'.

I guess everyone's MMV.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I don’t want to be argumentative, but I would appreciate if you could show me a st rated tire that had an inflation chart. The load rating usually determine the cold pressure to use and that is on the sidewall.

I have seen people use p rated tires on trailers, and those can be inflated over a range of pressures, but I have never seen a st rated tire that said anything except for running the max pressure, regardless of being radials.

I will admit that my experience with trailer tires is limited to a few utility trailers and 2 campers. I am no tire expert, so I will definitely admit it if I am wrong on this.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t want to be argumentative, but I would appreciate if you could show me a st rated tire that had an inflation chart. The load rating usually determine the cold pressure to use and that is on the sidewall.

I have seen people use p rated tires on trailers, and those can be inflated over a range of pressures, but I have never seen a st rated tire that said anything except for running the max pressure, regardless of being radials.

I will admit that my experience with trailer tires is limited to a few utility trailers and 2 campers. I am no tire expert, so I will definitely admit it if I am wrong on this.
https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

This is for the Goodyear Endurance tires related to this thread.

There's the chart for Maxxis 8008's.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Lol, I looked up Goodyear endurance inflation chart….and there is one. I stand corrected @Riccochet !

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed a set of Goodyear Endurance tires, 235/80/16 on the travel trailer. Discount Tire set them at 80 pounds, but it makes the trailer bouncy. The trailer weighs. 7500 pounds so I am thinking about setting the tire pressure at 70 pounds to get some to the bounce out. Any thoughts?
Don't do it. Reducing psi reduces load capabilities and speed you should drive.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Goodyear Endurance on my camper, single axle, smaller tire so I run at max psi for load rating. No LT in a similar size has enough load capacity.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol, I looked up Goodyear endurance inflation chart….and there is one. I stand corrected @Riccochet !

Think of it like this. You don't inflate the tires on your truck to max sidewall PSI. Why? Because there's no need, and the tires are part of your suspension in absorbing shock. The door sticker that indicates OEM tire pressures is there for a reason. At those pressures, with OEM tires, you are able to carry the max amount of weight/payload the truck is capable of. Higher pressures won't make a difference on your truck, just give you a harsher ride. Same goes for a trailer.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Think of it like this. You don't inflate the tires on your truck to max sidewall PSI. Why? Because there's no need, and the tires are part of your suspension in absorbing shock. The door sticker that indicates OEM tire pressures is there for a reason. At those pressures, with OEM tires, you are able to carry the max amount of weight/payload the truck is capable of. Higher pressures won't make a difference on your truck, just give you a harsher ride. Same goes for a trailer.
Makes great sense, but it only applies for certain st tires.

If I could get the Goodyear in my campers size, I would. I have 13” load d tires. I have yet to find one that is not always max pressure. I do have the torsion axles so it’s not too rough, but I’d love a tire that was load range e that I could run less than 65 psi…

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Makes great sense, but it only applies for certain st tires.

If I could get the Goodyear in my campers size, I would. I have 13” load d tires. I have yet to find one that is not always max pressure. I do have the torsion axles so it’s not too rough, but I’d love a tire that was load range e that I could run less than 65 psi…
Easier to upgrade wheel size at that point.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I've seen some truck tires flex more at max psi than the Goodyear Endurance tires do unmounted.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

How about these carlisle radial trail hd's? No inflation chart that I can find, just a recommended PSI which for my specific tires (SKU: 6H04561) is 65 psi:

I've been running them at 55-ish lately as my trailer has been quite empty.