Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Believer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6/7 Cummins
I don’t want to be argumentative, but I would appreciate if you could show me a st rated tire that had an inflation chart. The load rating usually determine the cold pressure to use and that is on the sidewall.

I have seen people use p rated tires on trailers, and those can be inflated over a range of pressures, but I have never seen a st rated tire that said anything except for running the max pressure, regardless of being radials.

I will admit that my experience with trailer tires is limited to a few utility trailers and 2 campers. I am no tire expert, so I will definitely admit it if I am wrong on this.

Here is the requested manufacturer information from Goodyear web site.

LINK TO GOODYEAR INFLATION CHART

LINK TO GOODYEAR RV INFLATION INFORMATION

Both from Goodyear web site, inflation chart for your tire IF it was produced after 2/28/2006.

Aircommuter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is more than weight to consider with tires. I live and drive in the mountains and the roads are mostly sealed with a rough coating, it full pressure or the outside will scuff off rapidly. Also lower pressures increase heat.

Rbertalotto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Did you put Sumos on a trailer? What kit?
The OP inquired about a bouncy trailer after new tire install.

Yes, on the trailer. Went with the Blue ones.....

naclty1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2020 Keystone Hideout 28RKS. I don’t know it the tires that came on it are st or lt. The trailer weighs. 6850 and the sticker on the drivers side of the trailer says 65psi cold, and that’s what I check them at before I leave to get away and before I return to civilization. So far no issues, trailer tows fine.

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed a set of Goodyear Endurance tires, 235/80/16 on the travel trailer. Discount Tire set them at 80 pounds, but it makes the trailer bouncy. The trailer weighs. 7500 pounds so I am thinking about setting the tire pressure at 70 pounds to get some to the bounce out. Any thoughts?
What is the load range of tires
C
D
E
That will depend on your cold tire pressure.
Look on the side wall , “ cold tire pressure “
I back mine off 5 lbs

I run Maxxis tires on my TT

Ggmore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just installed a set of Goodyear Endurance tires, 235/80/16 on the travel trailer. Discount Tire set them at 80 pounds, but it makes the trailer bouncy. The trailer weighs. 7500 pounds so I am thinking about setting the tire pressure at 70 pounds to get some to the bounce out. Any thoughts?
Do it

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Don't know the specifics about trailer tires versus light truck tires. But I have seen higher end 5th wheels come with F, G and H rated commercial tires. I wouldn't consider them light truck tires, because they aren't. They're commercial tires, the same you'd find on an tractor trailer. At the weights they are carrying there are no ST options. I think load range E is as high as ST tires go.

I've also heard about ST tires having beefier sidewalls to deal with flex during turns on dual/triple axle trailers. Whether that is true or not, couldn't say.

One thing I can say. Never, ever, use Chinese made trailer tires. That includes the Carlisle Radial Trail's. Their newer HD's are made in U.S. though.

I run ST 235/85/16 Saliun S637 RV tires , G rated @ 4400 lbs @ 110 psi. Made in China , and Vietnam. So yes ST tires come in G , and H rated .

If you know anything about RV tires , Sailuns are arguably the best G rated tire you can buy , and put on a fifth wheel or any trailer requiring that weight rating , which my fifth wheel does . And for the ones that keep saying run ST tires max inflation , no . Sailuns also has an inflation chart , I run mine at 100 psi .

On my second set of Sailuns , zero issues. They have been on the market now for at least 10 years . They have an excellent track record . So yes you can buy tires made in China or elsewhere, do I like the idea , no . But I want the best tire I can buy for a fifth wheel , and that would be Sailuns . It’s been well documented Goodyear have a terrible track record in their G rated RV tire the G614’s .

Last edited:

Roadtripper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sidewalls on my GY Endurance state max pressure is 65psi. That is the pressure the RV dealer put in and has been maintained for the past 12,000 miles. Prior to adding shocks there was a little bounce but not enough bounce to be concerned. After installing shocks, there is no noticeable bounce, and handles great. My trailer is 7000 lbs with dual axels.

TorqueWagon

Reaction score
Westmost point in the contiguous United States
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

Many good thoughts above on inflation pressure - I won't comment on that - but I will suggest that if you are going to a lower inflation pressure, you don't want to overheat and destroy a tire from all that extra flexing of the sidewalls. To be safe, after you run them for a while, stop and put your hand on the sidewall just to check the temperature. I see so many people on the side of the road because their tires were low and blew out from overheating. Hey, and while you're checking that, also feel the metal wheel next to the hub just to make sure you bearings have grease and are not similarly overheating. I make it a habit when we stop for fuel or whatever, to occasionally check wheel and tire temperature. Could be a life saver - literally. Good practice... Oh, and by the way, I love my goodyear endurance trailer tires. I got rid of my China bombs about a year and a half ago....

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Many good thoughts above on inflation pressure - I won't comment on that - but I will suggest that if you are going to a lower inflation pressure, you don't want to overheat and destroy a tire from all that extra flexing of the sidewalls. To be safe, after you run them for a while, stop and put your hand on the sidewall just to check the temperature. I see so many people on the side of the road because their tires were low and blew out from overheating. Hey, and while you're checking that, also feel the metal wheel next to the hub just to make sure you bearings have grease and are not similarly overheating. I make it a habit when we stop for fuel or whatever, to occasionally check wheel and tire temperature. Could be a life saver - literally. Good practice... Oh, and by the way, I love my goodyear endurance trailer tires. I got rid of my China bombs about a year and a half ago....
Where to start here, first there are weight charts for a reason . You get extra flex ,and overheating if you are running yours tires under inflated for the weight they are carrying. Again there is a reason for weight charts . Example my Sailun G rated tires are as said rated for 4400 lbs @ 110 psi , if I was only running around 3800 lbs I can run 90 psi. according to the weight chart instead of 110 . I have talked on the phone with a Sailun rep to verify , and he sent me their weight chart . I have never run 110 psi with my Sailuns ,the weight on each tire does not require 110, I run 100 .

My advice to the OP ,and to you or anyone as well , get TPMS installed on your RV tires . Most likely the OP could be running 65-70 on those Endurance according to the weight chart . Good way to debunk that flex, and overheating you ,and others are claiming is run them 80 psi ,monitor the heat ,and increase in tire pressure with the TPMS, which IMO everyone should have them . Then run the inflation according to the weight chart , and the actual weight that is on the tires . Compare heat increase ,and pressure when running .

Checking heat with your hand is not a great way to check ,get a heat gun of you want something accurate .

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One thing I haven't seen mentioned, if you run at a higher PSI than you need to, you can really beat up the inside of your trailer. These things are put together with staples and a prayer so I'd be careful of going too high.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
The sidewalls on my GY Endurance state max pressure is 65psi. That is the pressure the RV dealer put in and has been maintained for the past 12,000 miles. Prior to adding shocks there was a little bounce but not enough bounce to be concerned. After installing shocks, there is no noticeable bounce, and handles great. My trailer is 7000 lbs with dual axels.
am considering shocks or upgraded suspension for my 5th wheel. it tows okay but I have read that shocks can really make an improvement. what shocks do you have on yours. thanx

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
One thing I haven't seen mentioned, if you run at a higher PSI than you need to, you can really beat up the inside of your trailer. These things are put together with staples and a prayer so I'd be careful of going too high.

That's why I've said that tires are a part of your suspension designed to absorb some of the shock load, not transfer all of it. Otherwise why not make solid tires and be done with it.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Most Rv's are designed close to the max limits. Your RV may weigh 10,000lbs and you can only add another 1,000 to that if you are lucky.
So, if you use the chart, you are never going to have weight swings in an RV like you would with a empty cargo vs full cargo trailer.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I learned many moons ago, don't run bias-ply tires on your trailer. They ride rougher, bounce more, and wear faster than radials. Over the years I was replacing my bass boat tires almost every year...and blowing at least one grease seal every year. I finally went to radials and they smoothed out the ride tremendously, They also rode so much snoother and wore so much better that after 2 years on a set I still haven't blown a grease seal and I can't see any discernable wear in about 5000 miles of towing.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Most Rv's are designed close to the max limits. Your RV may weigh 10,000lbs and you can only add another 1,000 to that if you are lucky.
So, if you use the chart, you are never going to have weight swings in an RV like you would with a empty cargo vs full cargo trailer.
1000# of CCC is not very much. Most larger TT's out there - 25 to 32 feet - have between 2000# and 3000#. I wouldn't be able to find that much crap to haul with me, but the capacity is there.