Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
1000# of CCC is not very much. Most larger TT's out there - 25 to 32 feet - have between 2000# and 3000#. I wouldn't be able to find that much crap to haul with me, but the capacity is there.

You'd be surprised how that weight adds up . A few tools , a BBQ etc etc . I have whittled down what I haul , but I have friends that haul stuff you wouldn't believe thinking they need it , unbelievable ,and never leaves the RV . You learn over the years what you really need .

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You'd be surprised how that weight adds up . A few tools , a BBQ etc etc . I have whittled down what I haul , but I have friends that haul stuff you wouldn't believe thinking they need it , unbelievable ,and never leaves the RV . You learn over the years what you really need .
Yes sir, I know. I tow a lot. I also know how much junk some people take with them, but I've learned over the years. I also have a friend who takes his 38-foot 5th-wheel from Minnesotastan to AZ for 6 months each winter to get out of the frozen wasteland. He told me that 6 months worth of stuff - including his wife's sewing machine and whatnot - runs right at 1360 pounds. He weighed before and after loading at a CAT scale, so that's a true weight. And that includes a full water tank.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Yes sir, I know. I tow a lot. I also know how much junk some people take with them, but I've learned over the years. I also have a friend who takes his 38-foot 5th-wheel from Minnesotastan to AZ for 6 months each winter to get out of the frozen wasteland. He told me that 6 months worth of stuff - including his wife's sewing machine and whatnot - runs right at 1360 pounds. He weighed before and after loading at a CAT scale, so that's a true weight. And that includes a full water tank.
I weighed ours completely empty and after loading it for a 2 week trip. I had 740 lbs worth of kitchen stuff, bedding, bathroom stuff, clothes, food, tools, electronics, ammo and odds'n'ends.

Can't forget the ammo. :hunter:

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Thats pretty good keeping it at 1360. I only weighed just once with my 38' fifth wheel ,and I was 980 , no food ,and not all the clothes we take , plus a few gallons of water I add for the trip , not more than 15-20 gallons , no need for anymore then that . So I would imagine I am at least 1300-1400 .

As said a friend has his basement packed to the ceiling with everything imaginable . Plus he hauls canned goods that fill the space under the bed . I can only imagine what his pin weight is . :oops: I also suspect he was overloaded on his axles also on his previous fifth wheel . He actually now has bought a new fifth wheel , and added 8K axles , disc brakes ,and a new F-450 to haul it all, and then blew that 6.7 Powerstroke . Thats the second 6.7 he's blown , first one was off warranty , this 450 was covered . He's a bit rough on trucks.:)

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I weighed ours completely empty and after loading it for a 2 week trip. I had 740 lbs worth of kitchen stuff, bedding, bathroom stuff, clothes, food, tools, electronics, ammo and odds'n'ends.

I spend six weeks in Montana every summer ,so I haul a bit more . 740 is amazing . I probably take a few more tools then needed , plus compressor , BBQ, Blackstone . Fair amount of fishing gear , couple big bags of dog food to feed the mutt . It adds up . If just for a weekend or a week or two we run pretty lean .

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spend six weeks in Montana every summer ,so I haul a bit more . 740 is amazing . I probably take a few more tools then needed , plus compressor , BBQ, Blackstone . Fair amount of fishing gear , couple big bags of dog food to feed the mutt . It adds up . If just for a weekend or a week or two we run pretty lean .

I towing a bumper pull, so most of the "heavy" stuff goes in the bed or cab of my truck. Grill, blackstone, heavy tools, compressor, fishing/hunting gear, canopy/chairs. I'm no where near touching my 3047 payload, so makes no sense to put it in the trailer.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I towing a bumper pull, so most of the "heavy" stuff goes in the bed or cab of my truck. Grill, blackstone, heavy tools, compressor, fishing/hunting gear, canopy/chairs. I'm no where near touching my 3047 payload, so makes no sense to put it in the trailer.

Thats the thing about fifth wheels , the truck can pull it , but can it haul it ,so there is always that pin weight to deal with , and stay under the payload . I don't add much to my bed , plus the fact the room is limited compared to a bumper pull ,and as said the payload . We put a few things in the rear of our fifth wheel , like on the chairs or couch to keep it off the pin weight . As we know it adds up in a hurry .

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Most Rv's are designed close to the max limits. Your RV may weigh 10,000lbs and you can only add another 1,000 to that if you are lucky.
So, if you use the chart, you are never going to have weight swings in an RV like you would with a empty cargo vs full cargo trailer.

Pretty much any short dual axle will have a couple thousand pounds of payload, mine has about 3500 IIRC.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Dang straight! What size TT/5th-wheel do you have?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thats pretty good keeping it at 1360. I only weighed just once with my 38' fifth wheel ,and I was 980 , no food ,and not all the clothes we take , plus a few gallons of water I add for the trip , not more than 15-20 gallons , no need for anymore then that . So I would imagine I am at least 1300-1400 .

As said a friend has his basement packed to the ceiling with everything imaginable . Plus he hauls canned goods that fill the space under the bed . I can only imagine what his pin weight is . :oops: I also suspect he was overloaded on his axles also on his previous fifth wheel . He actually now has bought a new fifth wheel , and added 8K axles , disc brakes ,and a new F-450 to haul it all, and then blew that 6.7 Powerstroke . Thats the second 6.7 he's blown , first one was off warranty , this 450 was covered . He's a bit rough on trucks.:)
I'd say...:angry94:

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I keep that much ammo in my trunk...

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
29.5'. Only about 18" of tongue exposed for the tongue jack and battery. Propane tanks are inside.
Very good box length for that exterior length. We're in the market for a new TT. It's a toss-up between a Forest River Wildwood (or) Salem (they're the same trailer) 26RBS, or a Keystone Cougar 26RBS, or possibly a Dutchmen Astoria 2703RB. Keystone and Dutchmen are both manufactured by Thor Industries. We want as close to a true 4-season model as we can get because we are going to full-time in it for a while, maybe a couple years. I'm also looking for the heaviest I can get in that length because I figure the heavier it is, the beefier construction materials they used, the more wear and tear it can take. I full-timed in a motorhome and a TT years ago and it's a pretty laid back lifestyle. You won't really save any money living in an RV vice a house or apartment, but there isn't any yard to mow. :happy160:

Last edited:

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very good box length for that exterior length. We're in the market for a new TT. It's a toss-up between a Forest River Wildwood (or) Salem (they're the same trailer) 26RBS, or a Keystone Cougar 26RBS, or possibly a Dutchmen Astoria 2703RB. Keystone and Dutchmen are both manufactured by Thor Industries. We want as close to a true 4-season model as we can get because we are going to full-time in it for a while, maybe a couple years. I'm also looking for the heaviest I can get in that length because I figure the heavier it is, the beefier construction materials they used, the more wear and tear it can take. I full-times in a motorhome and a TT years ago and it's a pretty laid back lifestyle. You won't really save any money living in an RV vice a house or apartment, but there isn't any yard to mow. :happy160:

It's a "V" nose. Bathroom is up front, dual vanities in the V section.

1689102033115.png

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Very good box length for that exterior length. We're in the market for a new TT. It's a toss-up between a Forest River Wildwood (or) Salem (they're the same trailer) 26RBS, or a Keystone Cougar 26RBS, or possibly a Dutchmen Astoria 2703RB. Keystone and Dutchmen are both manufactured by Thor Industries. We want as close to a true 4-season model as we can get because we are going to full-time in it for a while, maybe a couple years. I'm also looking for the heaviest I can get in that length because I figure the heavier it is, the beefier construction materials they used, the more wear and tear it can take. I full-timed in a motorhome and a TT years ago and it's a pretty laid back lifestyle. You won't really save any money living in an RV vice a house or apartment, but there isn't any yard to mow. :happy160:
If your after a true four season trailer then look at Northwood Nash, Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV trailers. Built in La Grande Oregon for years and they are heavy duty and built to last. We are on our second Nash trailer and off grid in all kinds of weather so far down to 15 degrees. So well insulated the heater only comes on a couple times a night in real cold weather.

BTW, heavier does not always relate to quality materials. My wife works for an RV dealer and grandson is a tech for the same and I could relate a ton of just how bad most of these are. Her sales guy tried to get us to buy a Lance and there's no way I would ever own one of those, I've seen under the hood so to speak and they are junk and no where near 4-season as they claim. I won't even talk about Grand Design to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

We fulltime now in a 40 DP after selling the house of 26 years in preparation for me to retire and be closer to the office. Saving about $2K a month not having that house.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If your after a true four season trailer then look at Northwood Nash, Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV trailers. Built in La Grande Oregon for years and they are heavy duty and built to last. We are on our second Nash trailer and off grid in all kinds of weather so far down to 15 degrees. So well insulated the heater only comes on a couple times a night in real cold weather.

BTW, heavier does not always relate to quality materials. My wife works for an RV dealer and grandson is a tech for the same and I could relate a ton of just how bad most of these are. Her sales guy tried to get us to buy a Lance and there's no way I would ever own one of those, I've seen under the hood so to speak and they are junk and no where near 4-season as they claim. I won't even talk about Grand Design to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

We fulltime now in a 40 DP after selling the house of 26 years in preparation for me to retire and be closer to the office. Saving about $2K a month not having that house.
I had originally looked at Northwood and ORV, but the closest dealer for any of them is well over 200 miles from my current location. Not traveling that far on the chance I might like something they have. I have to go with the makes/models I have available within a reasonable drive. However, we may not be buying until we get out to Arizona, so there are dealers much closer to where we will be there. I'm actually surprised about your Grand Design comment. They are owned by Winnebago, who has a solid rep for fairly good quality.

I full-timed for about 5 years, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for in a TT. And while heavier does not always relate to higher quality, I have to use some type of parameters so that is what I have to go by.

You must have had a heck of a house to save $2000 a month full-time RVing. We have 2000+ sq-ft on 10 wooded acres and our mortgage/utilities, etc. probably run us about 3/4 of that. I crunched the numbers, and taking into consideration RV park rates+electric+food+everything else we will probably break about even. You are the only person I know of who saves much money by full-timing.

Last edited:

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had originally looked at Northwood and ORV, but the closest dealer for any of them is well over 200 miles from my current location. Not traveling that far on the chance I might like something they have. I have to go with the makes/models I have available within a reasonable drive. However, we may not be buying until we get out to Arizona, so there are dealers much closer to where we will be there.

I full-timed for about 5 years, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for in a TT. And while heavier does not always relate to higher quality, I have to use some type of parameters so that is what I have to go by.

You must have had a heck of a house to save $2000 a month full-time RVing. We have 2000+ sq-ft on 10 wooded acres and our mortgage/utilities, etc. probably run us about 3/4 of that. I crunched the numbers, and taking into consideration RV park rates+electric+food+everything else we will probably break about even. You are the only person I know of who saves much money by full-timing.
We cut the deal on our latest Nash over the phone, drove 900 miles to get it as nobody between Central California and Spokane WA had one the way we wanted.

House was in Central California on a 1/4 acre in a now overpriced real estate market. Saved $1200 a month in mortgage alone, almost $300 a month in electric alone and the rest is other utilities & incidentals related.