Got my new Gen5 Ram Longhorn-love it now-but wrong color!

Did you have success ordering the Ram Laramie Longhorn 2 tone option?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Fortunately, this is an issue and not a problem. ;)

It does bring back recent memories of when my wife and I were considering a new vehicle (2018 Jeep GC) for her. She thought the burgundy color would be great, so we took a Sunday afternoon and rove to a few dealerships with GC's of that color. As soon as she saw it (live and in person), she immediately decided against that color, despite the "color chip" appearing to be OK. She then decided the dark red (Velvet Red Pearlcoat) was exactly what she wanted, once she saw it up close.

When we bought my 2017 Ram, we had not even seen the color samples (printed or online, both of which are often misleading)… saw and drove a Black Forest Green Laramie, and did the deal.

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Tell the dealer they should pay to have it 2 toned by a reputable vinyl shop. Not only will that give you the look, it will add some protection to the lower area of the panels.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We recently took delivery of our new 2019 Gen5 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab truck. I (now) love it! No operational issues yet other than the learning curve to use all the new electronics/features compared to my 2014 Laramie. It took 12 weeks to get it but I guess that isn't bad in comparison to some of the delays I've heard about from others. The one big "*****" if you would, is that Chrysler did not honor the paint color option we had chosen and never bothered to notify the dealer/salesman about it. We had chosen the ivory pearl tri-coat with the two tone option (lower 1/4, wheel flares, bumpers painted with a contrasting metallic granite grey). When we went to proudly claim our vehicle it was just all ivory and then the ivory did not look like the paint chip in the brochure at all being much closer to the bright white they advertise. It took bringing another bright white truck right beside it to see the difference. The only thing that was color-contrasted were the wheels which had the granite metallic in segments. The bumpers were chrome instead of paint. We were a lot upset but since there was nothing else available in Canada of the chosen color and we needed the truck to travel south for the winter we could not reorder and had to take it. I called Chrysler customer service to see what was going on and complain! The young man "Nick" just handed out poorly thought out excuses like "the dealer/salesman ordered the wrong color" but that was proven bogus. Next he came up with "the color was not available with the options chosen" which was also proven not valid. Next he basically said "take it or leave it" at which point I told him that is not what I expected directly from Chrysler Customer service and got a little heated with him. He just hung up on me in the middle of what I was saying. I called back and talked to a young lady and I asked for a manager but was told I could not talk to a manager and that I would have to be reconnected to my customer service rep - Nick. Well I was not the least bit thrilled to go that route again but basically bit my tongue and went ahead with it. He said we were cut off with a call drop. I said then why did you not call me back? Total lies - everything! We were both on land lines not cell phones. Anyway, I finished what I was telling him about how I felt that Chrysler should have communicated that they were not able or willing to provide the two tone paint job (or did not want to include this no cost option any longer) or whatever the real reason was and that there should be some compensation for their mistake in taking my order on this MSRP $82,000 vehicle and then could not fulfill one of the most important customer considerations - the choice of color. Well, this went nowhere. Like talking to a wall! I think they hire a bunch of kids to answer calls and do nothing except provide lip service and lies! The only saving grace out of all of this is that the color, as it is, has grown on us and the truck is indeed spectacular otherwise. Too bad the Customer "Non-service" is just that ! How disappointing! We both agreed we will never order another vehicle from Fiat-Chrysler and if we were to consider buying one it would only be one that we could touch and see on the lot!

So if you're considering a new Ram - great choice, fantastic truck - but don't expect to get the two tone color shown in the brochure or perhaps any color if Chrysler decides to change it! And, as for Customer Service - NOT!

Any one else have a similar issue?
I had the exact experience about two years ago when I ordered a Silverado LTZ Z-71. Worst error I've ever made in purchasing a vehicle. Am now back in the saddle with the Gen5 Ram Bighorn and love it.

Marusho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have written extensively on my sad experience with trying to order the same color scheme as yourself, on 5thGenRams forum. Bottom line is that my order of May 10, 2018 was simply ignored because the walnut brown lowers were not being built and they had no real plans to do so. Finally I forced the issue on 9/25/2018 and learned the sad truth. I agreed to let them build a plain ivory Longhorn and took delivery 10/25/18, or a record-setting 5 1/2 months after placing my order. As to the color, it is much whiter than expected, and looks many shades brighter than my 4Runner with Blizzard Pearl. Would have preferred a true ivory.

Dr. Jim

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is my understanding from reading other Ram forums that the factory is building new paint booths for the Longhorn walnut brown (two-tone) lower. Booths are supposedly to be finished in April, 2019. I have a 2019 Laramie in Delmonico Red with the two-tone lower in Billet Silver.

DSCN2827.JPG DSCN2832.JPG DSCN2835.JPG

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
We recently took delivery of our new 2019 Gen5 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab truck. I (now) love it! No operational issues yet other than the learning curve to use all the new electronics/features compared to my 2014 Laramie. It took 12 weeks to get it but I guess that isn't bad in comparison to some of the delays I've heard about from others. The one big "*****" if you would, is that Chrysler did not honor the paint color option we had chosen and never bothered to notify the dealer/salesman about it. We had chosen the ivory pearl tri-coat with the two tone option (lower 1/4, wheel flares, bumpers painted with a contrasting metallic granite grey). When we went to proudly claim our vehicle it was just all ivory and then the ivory did not look like the paint chip in the brochure at all being much closer to the bright white they advertise. It took bringing another bright white truck right beside it to see the difference. The only thing that was color-contrasted were the wheels which had the granite metallic in segments. The bumpers were chrome instead of paint. We were a lot upset but since there was nothing else available in Canada of the chosen color and we needed the truck to travel south for the winter we could not reorder and had to take it. I called Chrysler customer service to see what was going on and complain! The young man "Nick" just handed out poorly thought out excuses like "the dealer/salesman ordered the wrong color" but that was proven bogus. Next he came up with "the color was not available with the options chosen" which was also proven not valid. Next he basically said "take it or leave it" at which point I told him that is not what I expected directly from Chrysler Customer service and got a little heated with him. He just hung up on me in the middle of what I was saying. I called back and talked to a young lady and I asked for a manager but was told I could not talk to a manager and that I would have to be reconnected to my customer service rep - Nick. Well I was not the least bit thrilled to go that route again but basically bit my tongue and went ahead with it. He said we were cut off with a call drop. I said then why did you not call me back? Total lies - everything! We were both on land lines not cell phones. Anyway, I finished what I was telling him about how I felt that Chrysler should have communicated that they were not able or willing to provide the two tone paint job (or did not want to include this no cost option any longer) or whatever the real reason was and that there should be some compensation for their mistake in taking my order on this MSRP $82,000 vehicle and then could not fulfill one of the most important customer considerations - the choice of color. Well, this went nowhere. Like talking to a wall! I think they hire a bunch of kids to answer calls and do nothing except provide lip service and lies! The only saving grace out of all of this is that the color, as it is, has grown on us and the truck is indeed spectacular otherwise. Too bad the Customer "Non-service" is just that ! How disappointing! We both agreed we will never order another vehicle from Fiat-Chrysler and if we were to consider buying one it would only be one that we could touch and see on the lot!

So if you're considering a new Ram - great choice, fantastic truck - but don't expect to get the two tone color shown in the brochure or perhaps any color if Chrysler decides to change it! And, as for Customer Service - NOT!

Any one else have a similar issue?

Grey really??? sooooo wrong of color to start with

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Id have wanted some compensation at the very least if I was going to eat the wrong color. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

frednpgh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looked all over the USA for a tutone with all the features I wanted and the deciding factor was the bench seat in a laramie, but could not find the tutone anywhere , so had to settle for the all blue, had it shipped from Maryland , then couldn't not have the silver. Had my bodyman do it, did it right but was expensive, removed the flares and all but now I have what I wanted. Tickled to death with my Ram.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree with the quality vinyl option on the lower panels-adds stone protection and can be changed later if you like. My rally stripes are the same vinyl used on the new corvettes-they look like paint, wont fade or crack and make my RAM unique. It also adds 50HP!!!-in my head anyway.

masand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have seen a couple 2 tones on dealer lots. I too think it does not look good on this body style.

I originally wanted all granite but got a deal on this granite on silver two-tone and was planning to have the bottom sprayed granite to match. But now it’s growing on me...
d439bdffab79c74162381f39ea54fc85.jpg

2019 Laramie 2WD, 5.7 Hemi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyglendale

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Personally I prefer the plain ivory white, is what I own, like you said it's a fantastic ride, totally pleased with mine. 274 miles on my 2019 ram longhorn.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not a two tone guy. I love the monotone paints. imho

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

I wanted the two tone to help break up the chrome and could not find that locally or anything with the full size bed, let alone a Laramie with the bench seat. I love the standard arm-rest console thing. I have had 6 people in my truck a few times.

Ram-Lake.jpg

20150602-073220.jpg

@gwilli You should show us pics of your new truck.