Got some new mirrors.. nothing works now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a ‘98 SLT. Had the stock power/heated mirrors, so I thought I’d upgrade to power/heated tow mirrors. I’ve read there would be problems which I expected. As soon as I plugged one in, neither worked anymore. Then I noticed the radio and interior lights wouldn’t work. (Radio lights up but won’t work, it’s aftermarket) Later, when I hit the power heated button..both mirrors auto adjusted downward, the power heat light goes out and the AC shuts off. Checked (most) of the fuses, all looks fine. At least the ones I’d need to check. Help lol

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That sounds to me as if the mirrors are wired wrong, i.e. the wires in the connectors are not in the proper places and are causing shorts or just causing power to go where it shouldn't. You didn't say where you got the tow mirrors but if they are off of a different year or are off of ebay or somewhere similar, this may be the issue. Do you have access to a wiring diagram for your truck that shows the mirrors pinouts and a multi-meter?

-K