GTR Ultra 2 H11 on regular Ram reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replacing the halogen bulbs. If you haven’t seen the video about these on YouTube I highly suggest it. The location of the leds in the housing is apparently key to making them focus like a halogen instead of scattering everywhere. I can attest that having run leds from Putco in my old F150, that scatter can be a real problem. Not here tho. The pattern is identical to my halogens just infinitely brighter and whiter. If you’ve seen my other recent posts, just lifted 4” and I have not adjusted down yet. No one flashed me on my test drive so not sure how much down I need to go.

9A7401EC-FEFC-4B63-ACB0-CE1F7673C4B4.jpeg

5E31F076-5014-4A98-A276-2ACCC6DEC52A.jpeg

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
LED technology has improved massively over the last 10 years. The designers actually under things like focal point these days.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the light output but they are a bit pricey especially when my OCD won't let me replaced my headlight bulbs without doing my fogs too so they match.

R242

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not the output from the driver's pov that is the problem, it's the glare produced that is distracting and "blinding" to oncoming drivers. I'm not trying to start an argument, but would like to see a pic from the front. With a higher output led it's probably at the higher end of "blinding" to oncoming traffic.

That being said I've run those same leds but in halogen projectors on my last truck and was pleased with the results, they are a good choice.

OP
OP
azcoyote

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not the output from the driver's pov that is the problem, it's the glare produced that is distracting and "blinding" to oncoming drivers. I'm not trying to start an argument, but would like to see a pic from the front. With a higher output led it's probably at the higher end of "blinding" to oncoming traffic.

That being said I've run those same leds but in halogen projectors on my last truck and was pleased with the results, they are a good choice.

Not at all. It’s the usual concern. These are definitely focused tho. I’ll see what I can do for a test from the other side.

R242

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If that's the case I may consider putting mine in, I have the quad black housings.

OP
OP
azcoyote

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If that's the case I may consider putting mine in, I have the quad black housings.

I can definitely say they are impressive. Having the light focused is great.

Mark3w

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Has anyone tried to do a test with another vehicle and person to see if they blind oncoming vehicles. Looking to get the GTR ultra 2 led bulbs.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Replacing the halogen bulbs. If you haven’t seen the video about these on YouTube I highly suggest it. The location of the leds in the housing is apparently key to making them focus like a halogen instead of scattering everywhere. I can attest that having run leds from Putco in my old F150, that scatter can be a real problem. Not here tho. The pattern is identical to my halogens just infinitely brighter and whiter. If you’ve seen my other recent posts, just lifted 4” and I have not adjusted down yet. No one flashed me on my test drive so not sure how much down I need to go.

View attachment 227518

View attachment 227519

Jesus ******* christ, 200$?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As an oncoming driver, I personally think all lights whiter or bluer than halogens should be outlawed - even stock lights.
Every one of them absolutely kills my eyes - and it isn't the focusing, it is the color temp.
Everyone's eyes are just a bit different and that bright light in the dark is killer to me.

I love to see what's in front of me as much as the next guy, but when an oncoming vehicle has really white or blue light I can't see much since my eyes are closed or looking at the woods.

Just another perspective from the guy in the other lane.

PS. I hope the second pic is with the high beams on, because if not those are not legal low beams.

OP
OP
azcoyote

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As an oncoming driver, I personally think all lights whiter or bluer than halogens should be outlawed - even stock lights.
Every one of them absolutely kills my eyes - and it isn't the focusing, it is the color temp.
Everyone's eyes are just a bit different and that bright light in the dark is killer to me.

I love to see what's in front of me as much as the next guy, but when an oncoming vehicle has really white or blue light I can't see much since my eyes are closed or looking at the woods.

Just another perspective from the guy in the other lane.

PS. I hope the second pic is with the high beams on, because if not those are not legal low beams.

I’m in Phoenix. Happy to have anyone check them out. I have mine adjusted down to compensate for the 4” lift I installed shortly after that pic. I don’t get flashed and the light is very focused. The pic is deceiving. Modern cams catch every photon. It seems much less “blasting” to the eye than to the cam.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you see a distinct cutoff a couple of hundred yards down the road - by eye?

Even with higher wattage halogens, the distinct cutoff is still there. It is just brighter before the cutoff.

OP
OP
azcoyote

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you see a distinct cutoff a couple of hundred yards down the road - by eye?

Even with higher wattage halogens, the distinct cutoff is still there. It is just brighter before the cutoff.

A couple hundred yards? That would be way too far out. Or are you being snarky? My current setup is such that it would pass your 25 foot garage door test.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A couple hundred yards? That would be way too far out. Or are you being snarky? My current setup is such that it would pass your 25 foot garage door test.

Haha, no I meant feet and even then a couple of hundred is pushing it.

I didn't know if you just guessed on the aiming or did it via a wall and that procedure is pretty easy to do to see if you are in the range that you want to be.

OP
OP
azcoyote

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OIC. Yeah, there is a distinct cutoff to these as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley