H-pipe possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCarr98Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 Magnum
Hello,
I am curious if an H-pipe exhaust is possible on a 1998 dodge ram 1500(5.9L)?
I am currently looking to make my single y-pipe exhaust into a duel exhaust. If anyone can give me advice on if you were able to make this happen or what modifications you had to make in order to make an H-pipe, or if it not possible. Also I am also looking to add two high flow cats, and new shoties headers(cat4ward). At the time of installing the exhaust.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am sure it is possible but why? H pipe wont gain much power over y pipe if any. X pipe would gain a few hp. if your engine is close to stock the gains will be minimal. Sound wise it would probably sound better.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My engine is all stock. I am trying to go for low rugged sound than the raspy sound of the x-pipe. Performance wise, I don't know what I want to do.

makes sense then. The H pipe will help do what you want then. Sorry I haven't seen anyone do it on your application but with the right fab skills it should be possible.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My engine is all stock. I am trying to go for low rugged sound than the raspy sound of the x-pipe. Performance wise, I don't know what I want to do.
Get ahold of Ryan Hogan at Flying Ryan Performance / FRP he used to specialize in the earlier 5.9's and might have some insight for you.
Any decent exhaust shop should be able to fab up and install a "H" pipe if you want one

OP
OP
JCarr98Ram

JCarr98Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 Magnum
makes sense then. The H pipe will help do what you want then. Sorry I haven't seen anyone do it on your application but with the right fab skills it should be possible.
No worries, thank you for your input.

OP
OP
JCarr98Ram

JCarr98Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 Magnum
Get ahold of Ryan Hogan at Flying Ryan Performance / FRP he used to specialize in the earlier 5.9's and might have some insight for you.
Any decent exhaust shop should be able to fab up and install a "H" pipe if you want one
Awesome, thank you for the info.