Had a bit of a scare today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Took the day off to take care of several errands. Got home from running the first one and parked on the street while I played a little car tetris and put my round town Mazda3 ****** out in front of the house. Was getting my CCW renewed and there was no way the Ram would find a spot downtown. Hopped back into Big Blue to put her in the driveway, fired it up and it died. It died at the same time the grid heater turned off because I forgot to wait for it. Tried to re-start and it just cranked. Waited about thirty seconds and tried again and it fired up but my Edge said it couldn't communicate with the Juice. Got her in the driveway, disconnected the OBD connector and reconnected and fired it up and all was well with the world.
I know this is not a big deal to most of you, but where I live, having my Ram on the street for more than a few minutes is a disaster waiting to happen. Plus the street is 8-10 feet below the level part of my driveway so I can't just roll it in if there is a problem.
Anyway, lesson learned, wait for the grid heater.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Big Blue Truck - lol.... my daughter has named her (Dad's) truck this.. and here I was thinking my family was the only one with a "Big Blue"... :)

Hope all is good with your ride!!!