Had her less than 24hrs and back to the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m sitting at the dealership and they just brought me a 2018 Limited from the back. I’m pushing the button to start it, and the ac is already feeling like the arctic. What am I missing hare lol.

Father Of Four

They won’t sell many down here in Texas during the summer. What’s the dealer saying about the AC??

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They are trying to tell me it’s getting colder. The one truck has been running for 15 minutes. I went and checked and it’s STILL no on the cold side. I went back and am now sitting in a freezing cold 2018 while they sort it out. Because it’s Saturday there aren’t any techs on the property, just detailers !!!

Father Of Four

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the same deal. The plant need to work and their qc it sounds like.

They tried to tell me the same thing lol. It getting colder. Call ******** on that. I had 3 people compare the two trucks and dared them to tell me it was all good.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are trying to tell me it’s getting colder. The one truck has been running for 15 minutes. I went and checked and it’s STILL no on the cold side. I went back and am now sitting in a freezing cold 2018 while they sort it out. Because it’s Saturday there aren’t any techs on the property, just detailers !!!

Father Of Four
Where you located?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m in New Jersey, but based upon the temp in that truck you would think I was on the surface of the sun. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Father Of Four

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It could be more of a blending door issue than an actual a/c issue, especially if it's different from side to side. I know they've had recalls on different vehicles because of the blending doors.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could be more of a blending door issue than an actual a/c issue, especially if it's different from side to side. I know they've had recalls on different vehicles because of the blending doors.

Blending doors??

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blending doors??
Yeah, their in the dash, depending on how much their open or closed regulates temperature of air coming out. Their also used to have different temps for driver and passenger. Basically you're control panel on the dash operates them but they can get stuck or be out of sync with what the controls actually say.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, their in the dash, depending on how much their open or closed regulates temperature of air coming out. Their also used to have different temps for driver and passenger. Basically you're control panel on the dash operates them but they can get stuck or be out of sync with what the controls actually say.

Well that makes since. Is it a flash type fix or is it something they have to take the dash apart??

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that makes since. Is it a flash type fix or is it something they have to take the dash apart??
Now that's something I can't answer for sure. I'm thinking if their just out of sync it would be a flash, if something is actually wrong with the doors they would have to get into the dash. I don't know exactly where they are located in the dash, could be right behind glove box which would be a fairly simple area to get to.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lovely. I got rid of a '14 F150 partly due to lackluster A/C....and am getting rid of my '16 F150 to get into the '19 Ram soon.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny you mention this. When I was having problems with my AC we put another ram side by side and the other ram AC was not that cold either. I wonder if they are not properly charging the AC at the plant.

I will say this after they properly charged the AC it was pretty cold but after driving a few hindered miles it feels even colder.
If you have a digital it should be blowing low 50’s sitting still and 48ish driving. When i first picked it up it was blowing 68-70 drivers and 62ish passengers.
Is that the temp range they look for?

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did some testing testing today. Those that haven’t been following this thread my drivers side vents are 7degrees Warner than the passenger.

So it seems the drivers side air coming through the vents is also slightly weaker than the passenger. So I did a few tests.

If I turn off the back vents off the drivers side vents have stronger airflow.

The next test through me a little.
With the back vents closed and I turn the top and floor vents ON I was able to drop the drivers side temp down a few degrees. Instead of 52 I was at 48. Go figure.

All this was at idle under carport using the AC button with the recirculated button on. I did try the auto but it doesn’t blow near as cold.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but when it’s 104 outside a few degrees and increasing the flow makes a difference.
All of this tells me there is something going on with the fins that someone earlier suggested.

Edit. I had the front windows tinted and tinted the windshield with nano ceramic over the weekend. I noticed yesterday the sunroof needs tint badly. I could feel the heat coming through the sunroof visor on my head. I reached up and put my hand on it....wow....very hot.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. My temps are in the 48-52 range when it's 90-95 degrees out - very surprised these trucks can't get it any cooler. My wife has a Fusion and it's an icebox.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the AC button MAX activated?

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On max it’s even warmer. Forgot to post anything 5 and above the temps went up a few degrees. Best results were at 4 and below With back vents closed and top and floor vents open.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll probably use the max button just for a quick cool off.
Wow that’s really strange
i know right. The reason I’m still jacking with it is because it’s so freaking hot when I drive to town. It takes soooo long for it to cool off. I’m going to tint the roof. That should help out a lot. It honestly felt like a heater radiating on the top of my head. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. My temps are in the 48-52 range when it's 90-95 degrees out - very surprised these trucks can't get it any cooler. My wife has a Fusion and it's an icebox.

I think 48ish is the best we can ask for unfortunately.

This is the first vehicle I have bought that I can’t get comfortable in. I had a 2009 Tahoe before and never had an issue being comfortable driving to town on a hot day.

Last edited: