Hamburger Superchargers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ScLeCo

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I think it was around 78*
LOL I just sent you a PM.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Holy Crap, I didn't read through the forum again, did you add forged pistons or anything or are you all stock on the top end? 10.8 at 3/4 is pretty high!

OP
OP
ScLeCo

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Holy Crap, I didn't read through the forum again, did you add forged pistons or anything or are you all stock on the top end? 10.8 at 3/4 is pretty high!
Nope stock bottom end. I guess I was closer to WOT than I thought because according to HP tuners I'm at 9.5 at 3/4 throttle and 11.2 at WOT. (This is at 85 degrees ambient temp)
I just ordered the MMX drop in piston and forged 6.4 crank. I'm avoiding high boost situations until I get the motor built.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What size pulley is on there? The 3.5?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
3.625 The pulley that came with it.

Interesting, mine has the 3.5” which is what it came with. They must have really made some improvements on the gen 4 blower.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is how the whipple is on my buddy's silverado too. Really quiet.

How long are you going to run this setup before you pull it apart for the new internals?

Looks like it is a blast to drive!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Got tuned today. 511hp on 91 pump 578hp on e85. Listen to how quiet the supercharger is. Can barely tell it's got one.

What kind of torque numbers did it put out and at roughly what rpm?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
492 ft lb at aprox 4700 rpm 91
544 ft lb at aprox 4700 rpm e85

Sum-***** you're gonna have to buy stock in Mickey Thompson or Hoosier,rear tires are going to be disposable now,lol Those are wicked numbers Sc.When are you taking it to the track to see what it'll run?

OP
OP
ScLeCo

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
When are you taking it to the track to see what it'll run?
I don't know maybe next spring? I could take the vbox out of the evo and do a run with it and get a ball park number.

Dapk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since the post was about Hamburger's Superchargers I'll chime in.
We just got all the production pieces for my 19 Ram.
The kit makes 575hp/570Tq at the crank. We have not had to pin the crank on the 5.7 for the HP levels we are at in the past 5 years.
Our kit is 50 state legal pending, includes a 3 yr/36k powertrain warranty. We are also almost finished completing to be the official supercharger for FCA and will be available through dealerships!
How are we different?
Majority of superchargers spin around 55k rpm. Ours spins 90k rpm, closer to turbo speed! We use a non-newtonian fluid that is our traction fluid. The gears are planetary and they do not touch. The fluid becomes a solid when sped up and creates a solid contact. (think of the corn starch and water experiment) This also allows almost no noise/whine at all and less heat generated. It is also 1/2 the size of every other kit allowing us to not have to cut up the vehicle on install. Spinning at 90k allows the drivabilty to be incredible. Part throttle there is a few #'s of boost to pull out into traffic without coming on like a light switch compared to most other kits.

I've driven every type of boosted application and our kits drive different than the others. We have no shifting issues. You do not need to go somewhere else to have it retuned for it to drive correctly. From a dead stop it does come on at 3400 and pulls hard all the way to redline with no lift to shift!ram1.jpg ram2.jpg wrap3.jpg

I've let about 100 shops drive our vehicles and their response is that our kits are the most fun to drive above all others! You don't have to think about making sure your at 3500rpm and in the right gear.
Hamburger's Superchargers are built specifically for street driven vehicles, where our power curves are. Most people think our curves our fake because of how linear they are. LOL

If you want a race setup and make the most HP, then I recommend someone else.

If you want a kit with a warranty, 50 state legal, and one of the most fun kits out there, you won't be disappointed.
The FCA big wigs drove our Jeep and said it was the most fun kit they had ever driven.

We will also be dynoing with stock wheels, 35's, and MBRP exhaust separately to see the power differences.

Last edited:

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Badass, looks like I’ll have something to do next summer.

Only familiar with twin-screw setups, how does the low end compare?

Dapk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Badass, looks like I’ll have something to do next summer.

Only familiar with twin-screw setups, how does the low end compare?

Ours is very linear and follows the Rpm range. I'll post dyno results as soon as we get it on the dyno and shoot some videos

Dapk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just waiting to get on the dyno!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk