Hard start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jljbtm

Reaction score
Today when I started my truck it continued to crank and would not start I turn the key off and stopped the starter motor and then retry it again and it started like normal anyone had this problem mines at 2011 with about a hundred forty thousand miles

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Today when I started my truck it continued to crank and would not start I turn the key off and stopped the starter motor and then retry it again and it started like normal anyone had this problem mines at 2011 with about a hundred forty thousand miles

Hi jljbtm,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If this continues to occur and you end up addressing it with your dealer, please know that we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process. We're just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
If you have a leak in your fuel system somewhere, the pressure bleeds off overnight and it won't be enough to fire the injectors until the fuel pump jacks it back up. Next time it sits overnight (or a few hours), try turning the key to ACC and listening for the fuel pump. Let the fuel pump run until it stops (which means the system is pressurized) and then try starting it. The first time you cranked it today, it may have not had enough pressure in the fuel system to fire the injectors. When you tried again, it may have had time to build up enough pressure.

OP
OP
jljbtm

jljbtm

Reaction score
Johnny I did figure it out turns out it is an old worn-out relay fuel pump relay and I simply used to jumper wire in the fuse box to fix it it might be a temporary fix but it's fine

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Johnny I did figure it out turns out it is an old worn-out relay fuel pump relay and I simply used to jumper wire in the fuse box to fix it it might be a temporary fix but it's fine

Glad you got it figured out! Thanks for sharing the fix. Might help someone else down the road... :)