Has anyone modified their turn signal sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
i don't know if the sound has been changed in newer models. But when I am driving my 2012 every time I turn my turn signal on it sounds like a 1987 Plymouth Horizon. In the research that I've done it seems like the turn signals are all computer controlled.
Has anyone modified or come up with a solution other than turning the radio up to drown out that awful clicking

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
'Back in the day' I would find the flasher and wrap it in form insulation to dampen the sound. However, in the present day, I'd like to do the same to my truck, but am stuck in identifying the location of the sound.

So...I'll be following this to see what comes of it!

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think they route the turn signal similar to how companies are routing door chime now. I can’t imagine anyone has tried to change anything like that, but maybe someone will chime in otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
From what I have read there is a relay of some sort built into the cluster that makes the sound. If I do decide to take the cluster apart I will post pictures or make a video of my solution. I just amazed no one has done this before.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm amazed that someone found a turn signal clicking to be something that needs to be changed... Guess that means at least the rest of the truck is treating you right

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm amazed that someone found a turn signal clicking to be something that needs to be changed... Guess that means at least the rest of the truck is treating you right

I've been honored with the accusation of being a bit OCD....

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
While you looking for that chime, let me know if you run across the key has left vehicle chime
It drives my wife crazy

I see the link above may cover that. I have never heard it, guess I should check

Last edited: