Has anyone raised their battery tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi I am thinking about raising my battery tray because with a 4" drop in the front I am hitting the battery tray very often with my tires. Has anyone done this or a battery relocation?
Thanks David

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Man i was just about to post something similar. With my 2/4 drop both wheel well plastics are busted to crap due to those sneaky bumps. It doesnt look like i hit my tray yet. I may consider putting stock shocks up front instead of the belltechs.

OP
OP
jedeisurf

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I was running a BT 2/4 I never had any problems with the stock 275/60/20 tires or my current 305/50/20 tires when I installed my Inez 4" drop in the front I was hitting all of the time, had to install a 1" spacer and still hit occasionally, I have busted out one inner fender mounts on the battery tray already. I think I can possibly raise the battery tray 2.5" if i make some new lower and upper brackets
and then I will be able to use a heat gun to stretch the plastic.
David

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got some rough roads around me and im always hauling butt lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Check out Charonblk's thread down in member trucks.Kurtis relocated his batteries

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I had to remove the battery tray for various reasons but you'd have to run a different battery if you tried to raise the tray. I made some brackets for the ABS pump and I turned the fuse box 90 degrees with another set of brackets. With those supported the tray can be removed. My batteries are in the box but it can be mounted anywhere. I used 1/0 gauge welding wire to run from the battery to the alternator and to a distribution block that runs to the fuse box and the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk