Has anyone verified who makes the "Alpine" speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Got into a spirited discussion with some folks on one of the Ram FB groups who said the speakers in the Alpine system are actual Alpine speakers. I don't think they are. I've had Alpine speakers before, and the speakers that come with the Alpine system definitely do not appear to be Alpine quality. Not that Alpine is top of the line or anything, but these speakers are cheap with small magnets. No Alpine markings at all on them. You would think that if Alpine actually made them there would at least be a stamp on the back of something. All they say is "Made in China".

Just wondering if anyone has definitive evidence on who makes the speakers in the Alpine system? I think they are cheap, generic Chinese...maybe slightly better than the base speakers, but certainly not Alpine.

thoughts?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Not a direct answer to your question, but manufacturers often make lower quality versions of their products for certain buyers. Call it the Wal-mart effect, where a certain price must be met to gain the contract but the company's normal quality can't be built to that price point. Everything from outdoor grills to riding mowers often has a big box store SKU that's specific to low price vendors. OEM for car makers is the same and audio equipment makers certainly make multipe lines at various price points, each with different levels of quality. Alpine has, what, 3 or 4 consumer grades? Nothing to think they have an OEM grade under the consumer grade.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I do not think they are Alpine at all. No where on them does it say Alpine. Only a Mopar logo. I think the only "Alpine" part of the system is the Amp/DSP. The speakers are all cheap **** paper cone garbage.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Not a direct answer to your question, but manufacturers often make lower quality versions of their products for certain buyers. Call it the Wal-mart effect, where a certain price must be met to gain the contract but the company's normal quality can't be built to that price point. Everything from outdoor grills to riding mowers often has a big box store SKU that's specific to low price vendors. OEM for car makers is the same and audio equipment makers certainly make multipe lines at various price points, each with different levels of quality. Alpine has, what, 3 or 4 consumer grades? Nothing to think they have an OEM grade under the consumer grade.
That is probably the case. I just find it curious that nobody actually knows. There is no definitive answer. The Alpine system seems to be shrouded in mystery for some reason.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing I could find that says Alpine is the amp.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd be interested to see what a speaker looks like out of a non-Alpine ram. I know what the speakers look like from the Alpine Ram's and could tell immediately if there is a difference.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine say Alpine? Mines an 03 too, but I'm sure mine are made in china as well?

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine say Alpine? Mines an 03 too, but I'm sure mine are made in china as well?
On the speaker itself? My 03 Alpine speakers just had Mopar insignia on the magnet. Only place it said Alpine was on the placard for the grill. God I hated those speakers, way better sound with the infinity speakers that replaced them.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm quite intrigued by the volume of dissatisfied owners of the Alpine OEM systems in various Ram trucks. My '21 Warlock sounds pretty good and better than the JBL in my Tundra Limited.

Also, many users mention the lack of bass performance & yet I've had to tweak mine in the settings to reduce the bass by a notch or two because I don't like it booming.

I'm often surprised while listening to one of my old favourites and being able to hear a background instrument or vocal that I don't recall hearing before.

So, the question is; are the speakers included with my Alpine fitted '21 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock any better or different than the speakers that have been annoying all these users?

Am I experiencing some early stage of delirium where the truck speakers just sound better to me?

I wish I could transfer this perception to my home surround system which often annoys me with its poor audio performance while listening to certain television series DVDs. :cool:

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On the speaker itself? My 03 Alpine speakers just had Mopar insignia on the magnet. Only place it said Alpine was on the placard for the grill. God I hated those speakers, way better sound with the infinity speakers that replaced them.
Dude, you're so right, I'm so wrong!
Mine say Infinity on the speaker grill too, but I'm sure they're made in china, huh?

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I'm quite intrigued by the volume of dissatisfied owners of the Alpine OEM systems in various Ram trucks. My '21 Warlock sounds pretty good and better than the JBL in my Tundra Limited.

Also, many users mention the lack of bass performance & yet I've had to tweak mine in the settings to reduce the bass by a notch or two because I don't like it booming.

I'm often surprised while listening to one of my old favourites and being able to hear a background instrument or vocal that I don't recall hearing before.

So, the question is; are the speakers included with my Alpine fitted '21 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock any better or different than the speakers that have been annoying all these users?

Am I experiencing some early stage of delirium where the truck speakers just sound better to me?

I wish I could transfer this perception to my home surround system which often annoys me with its poor audio performance while listening to certain television series DVDs. :cool:

There is nothing "wrong" with the Alpine system (other than they aren't actualy Alpine speakers). Some people are very happy with it. If you aren't a stereo guy it will be more than enough. However, if you are a stereo guy and you paid an extra $1000 to get an "Alpine" system, you will be disappointed. Would be better to just get a base 6-speaker system and spend $1000 to upgrade on your own. Just changing out the MOPAR speakers with Infinity or Kenwoood or whatever brand does make a huge difference. But again, it's really kind of being picky. I assume your Warlock has the same blue MOPAR generic speakers as everyone else. If you are satisfied with your current stereo system, it would be a waste of money to mess with it.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is nothing "wrong" with the Alpine system (other than they aren't actualy Alpine speakers). Some people are very happy with it. If you aren't a stereo guy it will be more than enough. However, if you are a stereo guy and you paid an extra $1000 to get an "Alpine" system, you will be disappointed. Would be better to just get a base 6-speaker system and spend $1000 to upgrade on your own. Just changing out the MOPAR speakers with Infinity or Kenwoood or whatever brand does make a huge difference. But again, it's really kind of being picky. I assume your Warlock has the same blue MOPAR generic speakers as everyone else. If you are satisfied with your current stereo system, it would be a waste of money to mess with it.

It's not an option in the Laramie and above. I believe the HarmonKardon system is the option at that point.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Mitsubishi electric make more sense the ZF isn’t Bavarian why would the speaker's be ?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Having worked in television & IT for several decades, I'm pretty picky about most things relating to audio & video in my life especially if they're not free. :cool:

Also, there weren't too many options in January 2022 when I suddenly decided I wanted a new Ram Truck. The discounts on the '21 trucks in January '22 helped ease the expense anxiety.

I did have the Alpine option on my search criteria, however; there were many other more important options on my list that produced this truck.

Upgrading the sound will definitely be long after many other options including leather seats, if ever. That was my point in posting. I don't believe it sounds so bad and I'm surprised at the number of users that sound very dissatisfied.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Harman is who makes Harmon Kardon, Infinity and JBL, well they are the parent company and own the brands. Kind of like Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth.

You guys have me wondering. I saved the infinity's that came out of my 05, I thought I remember seeing Infinity on them, but I'm going to have to go look...in the morning. I busted my a-s-s all day ripping out a front porch and I'm in my a-s-s groove on the couch now. The only reason I'm getting up is to make another drink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452