having issues with cluster gauges after doing hemi swap need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinr3459

Reaction score
Ram Year
04 dodge ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
hi everyone, im new to this site and desperate for help. i hate electrical stuff with a passion so i came here hoping someone would be more knowledgeable rather than just telling me to check fuses etc.

so my truck is 04 ram 1500 with 4.7 and i swapped in a 03 hemi with the complete harneess ( headlight harness, pcm and tipm.

the issue im having is none of my gauges are getting a signal , mind you i did the cluster test and all the gauges go thru the sweep and give me some numbers which seems to be no signal from pcm.
also my throttle response when i give it some gas is poor and fall on its face a bit when blip throttle to the floor. also the outside air temp reads 130 degrees . also the obd2 reader does not communicate

runs perfect at idle however and fires right up..

only thing i came up with is the cluster plug underneath has a few pins that arent matching up to the hemi plug and i think this is my problem but i am not sure. seems to be the only logical thing. i looked up the wire diagram and its a bit confusing to me but it looks like the temp sensor and pci bus is all connected,

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I'd agree with what you're thinking, mismatched pins. I don't know much about the early 3rd gens but I know there was some wonky stuff going on between 03-05. But before you go to cutting and replacing wires, you might go through this thread if you haven't already. I know its for a 3.7 instead of a 4.7 but I figure quite a few things are similar

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2004-ram-3-7-v6-hemi-swap.114960/