Headlight questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Japslapr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought the truck used. I'm ASSuming the truck came with these projectors from the factory? Guess the connector would tell you? The seal on this one is really bad and I cant stand looking at it. But... assuming the truck is a factory projector truck... wth can I replace them with? Everything I find says cant be used with factory projectors... truck is a 14. Would like an upgrade but not trying to spend more than 400 on lights. I looked at taking the light apart and fixing it but dont wanna hassle with it.

Also.. you can tell from the connector that water has been living in there....

20200328_142728.jpg 20200328_142740.jpg

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the TYC OEM style in my truck. I replaced my factory projectors with them. (I wanted black instead of the factory chrome) The TYC actually have a better cutoff than the OEM and carry a lifetime warranty. I did have 2 sets that eventually got condensation. Returned both without a problem and the set I have now has been in for a couple years I guess with no condensation issues. I'm running morimoto HID in the low beam and am very pleased with the setup. 998d12ee6461798cd40916aff66ff2bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you change the headlamps for another aftermarket they will wont work like the factory, drl, parking and turn signal. I will recomend you to change the plug for a new one because that one is in bad shape and install a new set of factory. Anyway, if not you can make a harness conversion. You just need the male connector, female connectors for the other end, wiring information and patience. Is not that hard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124027504318

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If you are looking to change to a different headlight to change the look of your truck check alpharex.com out. They also sell adapters to go from oem projectors to their lights which uses the same connectors as truck's with quad headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trody17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that every Dodge Ram in this world has that problem. I just replaced my on my truck like a month ago and I get the some problem again.

OP
OP
J

Japslapr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are looking to change to a different headlight to change the look of your truck check alpharex.com out. They also sell adapters to go from oem projectors to their lights which uses the same connectors as truck's with quad headlights

Link doesnt work.

Yes, I'd like to change headlights. Something HID maybe? Def a different style than OEM