Headlight ugrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all,
New to this forum. Just picked up a 2018 2500 and the light output from the stock lights are down right dangerous!!! Any quick upgrades? Using a higher wattage bulb? Led?
TIA .

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Which lights do you have now? I installed an HID kit from Retroshop in my 2013 w/projectors and was very pleased with them. I intend to do the same in my 2018.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the quads and have had no luck with just upgrading the bulbs to LED. They are bright but have a horrible pattern. They just blind oncoming traffic so they were a no go for me.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the quads and have had no luck with just upgrading the bulbs to LED. They are bright but have a horrible pattern. They just blind oncoming traffic so they were a no go for me.

Diode Dynamics SL1s are the LEDs you need. I've been running them for months & do not get flashed by oncoming traffic.

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Diode Dynamics SL1s are the LEDs you need. I've been running them for months & do not get flashed by oncoming traffic.
Holy Crap they are proud of those things!. So 300 bucks for new hi and low beams for quad lamps?

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Headlight Revolution V.2 (2 generations old now) and they are good too. The new V.4s, DD SL1s and the Morimoto 2 stroke LED bulbs are also very good in the quad headlamps.

Last edited:

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Holy Crap they are proud of those things!. So 300 bucks for new hi and low beams for quad lamps?

Yeah, they sure are. Hoping they last a long, long time. 3yr warranty if I remember correctly. FWIW, everyone that has ridden in my truck at night has commented on how awesome the lighting is.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the V.2’s and they’re pretty good, but they’re 2 generations old at this point, these look far superior to OEM and definitely improved over what I’m running. When it’s time for replacement I’m considering them if I don’t go projector headlights and HIDs.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome from Central Texas....

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum. LED bulbs are what you want for your headlight style you have. There is a vendor on here that sells them I can't remember his name.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do those LEDs cause a lot of glare inside the factory quad reflectors? My vote would be to retrofit.

cityboy21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
vanquish is supposed to be good. I'm looking at those but having a hard time spending $300-400 on bulbs.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Went to the website yesterday and they were all on back-order for 11-18 RAM's. Today they bulbs don't even show up when I search by vehicle. Seems to be a glitch in the website maybe?...

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Went to the website yesterday and they were all on back-order for 11-18 RAM's. Today they bulbs don't even show up when I search by vehicle. Seems to be a glitch in the website maybe?...

They're perpetually on back-order. Just checked their website, showing up now but the wait is 6 - 8 weeks which is about how long it took to get mine. I had lots of time to consider other options while waiting..... glad I held out, love them & would buy again. https://www.diodedynamics.com/low-beam-led-headlight-for-2011-2018-ram-non-projector.html
Not seeing the highs listed at the moment.

I also run DD's SS6 6" LED light bar kit for the Ram tow hook openings, Tradesman here so no factory fog lights. Pricey total lighting package but it lacks for nothing in performance. We were on the road last night, heading home in some nasty fog & rain, very rural area w/ lots of deer. I so appreciated being able to see as well as I did, not for a second have I regretted the price to play nor the painfully long waiting time to receive.

nasnurse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the latest Supernova's V4 from Headlight Revolution. They are an unbelievable upgrade from stock. I have the quad light system in the 2017's. They are a little pricey but it's more expensive to upgrade to projectors than to use these. I fully plan on upgrading the brights when I have some extra coin again. Don't even hesitate as HR has done all the testing of LED's for us and will include the PWM you'll need for the Ram so the lights don't flicker.

Last edited:

Dntpissmeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello all,
New to this forum. Just picked up a 2018 2500 and the light output from the stock lights are down right dangerous!!! Any quick upgrades? Using a higher wattage bulb? Led?
TIA .
Go to amazon and order led headlight bulbs I did for low and fog and they work awsome I agree stocks are a candle on a trail simple quick leds no errors on dash stay in the 50 range you’ll be good look for ones that are cree bulbs

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody run the Super nova v.4 in a ram 2 headlight system? H-13 bulb.

I have a 2011 and need an upgrade to something uselfull.

I put in a Retro Solutions HID Kit a few years ago and they are junk. One bulb went out after a couple months and their warranty is a joke. Put me through so many hoops to get it replaced I gave up and went back to stock

Kong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The headlight Revolution V-4 in my opinion is a super upgrade. I have a 13 RAM and the supernova V-3 were constantly going out thank god under warranty, HR sent me the new upgraded V-4"s and i LOVE em! destroys factory junk! Super people at HR also THAT makes the difference!