Heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
So, got my heads back, they look brand new! Kind of a stupid question and I havnt looked in my manual yet, but they took my manifolds off to plane them, and I can not distinguish between which head is driver or passenger side? Lol, any quick way to determine?

OcallyRamFam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey @CunningStunt Howd you make out on identification and install?

Also what gasket selection did you make - of course I went to purchase the kit I recommended and they're OOS! Not sure of you had better luck? Maybe you got the last one LOL

Im probably going with a Mahle set at twice the price but at least it seems available.

Anybody else have better suggestion Im open. thanks
S

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
hey @CunningStunt Howd you make out on identification and install?

Also what gasket selection did you make - of course I went to purchase the kit I recommended and they're OOS! Not sure of you had better luck? Maybe you got the last one LOL

Im probably going with a Mahle set at twice the price but at least it seems available.

Anybody else have better suggestion Im open. thanks
S
With the first few replies I was easily able to identify the EGR hole and the Power Steering bolt holes to determine correct side. I am going Fel-Pro head gasket SET which has intake and covers and spark plug gaskets included.

I have not installed yet. Just got my assembly Lube yesterday and this week the gaskets, manifold bolts, spark plugs, and water pump will trickle in. Looking like this weekend or early next week.

Crooks1130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another way to tell is the bolt holes at the exhaust ports. 3 are in the same position and the 4th is the opposite. The one that is opposite goes to the back of the engine.