Hell Cat Ram 8/17?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low_dakota94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For a truck designed to go play in dirt I’d say hard pass. That’s one expensive mall crawler if I had it. Now if they drop a demon inspired reg cab short bed with a drag pack option!! Time to sell my house, need to free up some funds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
&width=1944&height=1052&bkgrnd=white&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg

Yeah, I was playing on the Ram Trucks website, sepc'd it out, it's only about $88,855.00 before taxes, licensing, dealer fees and the other stuff they do too jack up the price. Like was said before, it'll be over $90k plus to get one....LOL.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Too expensive. I understand why (the engine and suspension cost money).

If I’m being honest I’d go with the cheaper (never thought this would be the case) Raptor.

Or even a cheaper Power Wagon.
I understand this option is a different kind of truck, but it’s actually better for the type of off-roading I have around me anyways. I don’t plan on desert running anytime soon in my $100k truck lol.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just built one for 80k.. I really can’t see spending that much on a truck that hauls less than my 19 PW.. It would be fun to drive tho! If I was single with stupid money I’d damn sure buy it, whoever gets one of these is going to have a hard time keeping tires on it.. because if it were me, I’d light them up at every red light.. haha

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You could have a nice Power Wagon for like 30K less. They will sell...but this is really a niche market. The majority of us cannot afford one (new one).

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking back at the builds I’ve done on my vette and the 7500+ I spend on a s/c kit for a 5.7 and that you really need a stronger drivetrain 30 k would be cheap.if they included an upgraded trans/rear end ect.that was strong enough to propel a 6600 lb slug with out grenading everything with a hellcat hemi Otherwise the spending has just begun.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Reached out to a few dealers locally. They are all charging an additional $30k market adjustment. F-ing ridiculous. Damn dealers and their ransom ADM. That would be $118k for build I’d want. No. Motherf*ckn. Way.

like I said before it’s all about the MONEY. Screw everyone that would like to have one.

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If I’m being honest I’d go with the cheaper (never thought this would be the case) Raptor.

You can go cheaper for Raptor but then you’d have a Ford. Take it from me, Ford doesn’t give a sh*t about it’s customers. I have a ‘19 Raptor that has been plagued with an issue for 10 of the 15 months I’ve owned it. Been in the shop 6 times for total of 9 weeks. I’ve been fighting FCS to get them to do a buyback but been denied twice. They can’t find the root source of issue so I’m stuck with a 75k truck that puts me in a bad mood every time I drive it (the truck is awesome if not for the issue and the knowledge that Ford is F-ing me). I’ve owned several Ram trucks and never had an issue. Bought Ford for the Raptor. Learned my lesson. I’ll never buy Ford again.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can go cheaper for Raptor but then you’d have a Ford. Take it from me, Ford doesn’t give a sh*t about it’s customers. I have a ‘19 Raptor that has been plagued with an issue for 10 of the 15 months I’ve owned it. Been in the shop 6 times for total of 9 weeks. I’ve been fighting FCS to get them to do a buyback but been denied twice. They can’t find the root source of issue so I’m stuck with a 75k truck that puts me in a bad mood every time I drive it (the truck is awesome if not for the issue and the knowledge that Ford is F-ing me). I’ve owned several Ram trucks and never had an issue. Bought Ford for the Raptor. Learned my lesson. I’ll never buy Ford again.
Bummer. What’s the issue with it?

Every make and model has this kind of case where the issue can’t be explained and it gets pushed aside by the automaker it seems. And I’m okay with vehicles having issues but they oughta take care of people who get these lemons.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Reached out to a few dealers locally. They are all charging an additional $30k market adjustment. F-ing ridiculous. Damn dealers and their ransom ADM. That would be $118k for build I’d want. No. Motherf*ckn. Way.

That's the price you pay to be first on your block to own one. Shelby GT500's - you're gonna spend $100,000 +/-. Corvettes $100,000 +. These are $70,000-80,000 stickers.
Nothing new, been done for decades (remember the 1978 Corvette pace car?). Supply and demand.... There will be plenty that have the cash and are willing to pay that inflated price and until those buyers dry up, the trucks or whatever will be sold with ADP. Seems to be happening in the grocery stores with beef right now.
Y'all can ***** all you want.... Ain't gonna change. No point in getting everything in a ***.....

Last edited:

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
That's the price you pay to be first on your block to own one.

That’s my point. It’s only the price you pay if you give in to a dealers ransom. I’d rather do some leg work and find a dealer that doesn’t pull that type of BS, even if they are out of state

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Y'all can ***** all you want.... Ain't gonna change. No point in getting everything in a ***.....

What an extremely helpful post. I’m so glad you decided to share your intelligent thoughts with us all [emoji849]

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
What an extremely helpful post. I’m so glad you decided to share your intelligent thoughts with us all [emoji849]
So you're telling me that you have your truck for sale and you think it is an extraordinary piece and say you want $50,000 even though it books out at $40,000. And, I come along and am in love with the truck but I think it's fair to get a little off book and offer $38,000 and I say you are ripping people off at $50,000. You should be obliged to sell to me? At my price? No.... I'll be told to take a hike. You are going to try to get every dollar you can for it even if it means you pass on multiple lower offers. Right?

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi