Hellwig rear sway bar noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i installed a hellwig rear sway bar on my 17’ cc, with core 4x4 end links. Factory height. Every time i pull out my driveway, slight incline, and the suspension flexes, i can hear like a crunch/rubbing type of noise. Ive had someone bounce on the rear bumper while i hold on the sway bar and can feel the crunch noise on the bar. Did‘nt really felt or heard it with the oem links. Any one else have that issue with the hellwig sway bar?

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had no issues. Maybe a bad end link. Take it off and examine the bushings. Strange though.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I havent had that issue with mine. I'm using the hellwig endlinks.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Shorten your end links. Core designs those for massive lifts(6”), not sure why people feel it necessary upgrading a bar that is under 99% compression/tension.

Show truck, understandable. Spend your hard earned money wisely.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i installed a hellwig rear sway bar on my 17’ cc, with core 4x4 end links. Factory height. Every time i pull out my driveway, slight incline, and the suspension flexes, i can hear like a crunch/rubbing type of noise. Ive had someone bounce on the rear bumper while i hold on the sway bar and can feel the crunch noise on the bar. Did‘nt really felt or heard it with the oem links. Any one else have that issue with the hellwig sway bar?

Make sure those endlinks or grease fittings aren’t hitting the frame brackets at the upper mount