Help! Aftermarket subwoofer in 2023 1500 Tradesman!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverXL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'm looking to install an aftermarket subwoofer in my 2023 1500 Tradesman. It has the base audio system and no factory subwoofer. I was wanting to know if the truck comes with the wiring harness for the subwoofer even if the sub is not optioned into the truck. If anyone has a 5th gen 1500 with the sub option some photos of where and how its hooked up would help me a ton!

For anyone curious I am planning to do a pair of 10" subs in a Skar audio box under the rear seats. I'd like to plug that into the stock subwoofer hookup with no additional amplifier so I can easily revert the mod if needed.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
For anyone curious I am planning to do a pair of 10" subs in a Skar audio box under the rear seats. I'd like to plug that into the stock subwoofer hookup with no additional amplifier so I can easily revert the mod if needed.
The base audio system won't have an amplifier to run subwoofers nor the wiring in place to do so.
What your looking to run will required a little more than plug-n-play items but with can be made to be removed fairly easily.

OP
OP
S

SilverXL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The base audio system won't have an amplifier to run subwoofers nor the wiring in place to do so.
What your looking to run will required a little more than plug-n-play items but with can be made to be removed fairly easily.
Thanks for the reply. My truck has the lowest option head unit with the 5" touch screen so I figured I'd need to do some kind of work around. My main concern right now is not voiding the warranties provided with the truck so I might put this mod on the back burner until that period lapses.

That said any suggestions for a soft mod that could make this subwoofer thing happen are much appreciated.

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
You have several options but the first thing to do is get a solid Line Out Converter. That will allow the factory system to talk to the subs/amp combo.
Next get the correct wire gauge to power the subs.

If you decide to add amps to power the door speakers, that is another discussion.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SilverXL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I decided to keep the stock 5" head unit for now and use an additional android auto compatable display I found on Amazon. I'm currently upgrading the speakers myself and also did a really cool wireless subwoofer which I documented building in this thread:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357