Help - Map Light Lens - Plastic Pins Broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ericb214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I replaced the bulbs in my dome (center) and map lights (right and left closest to the windshield). When I clicked in the left lens, the plastic pins on the base snapped off so the lens won't stay on.

Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is replacing the whole base although I would rather not...

Happy New Year All!

InkedMap light console_LI.jpg

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That unfortunately is your only option if you want the map light to work correctly. You might be able to insert something roughly paper clip size (little thicker) to act as a dowel so that the lens can pop back in; options are kinda limited at his point. I might have still have a spare console, I can look if you'd like.

OP
OP
E

Ericb214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm going to try and make some sort of pin, first and see how that works out. If you happen to come across your spare console, how much would you like for it?

OP
OP
E

Ericb214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I drilled two little pilot holes and screwed in 2 #6 screws up to the non threaded part Then I snipped the heads off. It worked

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would check a junk yard for the part

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm going to try and make some sort of pin, first and see how that works out. If you happen to come across your spare console, how much would you like for it?

I didnt' see this til just now. I can look tomorrow, it'd only be like $20.

So I drilled two little pilot holes and screwed in 2 #6 screws up to the non threaded part Then I snipped the heads off. It worked

There ya go :banana-mario:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No I don't, did you break a pin too?