Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3_Turner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
08 Ram Lock Bar.PNG

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab

The circled part was attached to the column gear selector upon replacing and I broke the tab off of it. It looks to be a push lock of some sort but I have yet to find an actual name or part number for it.

Currently, I only see this part on ebay bundled in with the purchase of another gear selector assembly. I would prefer to purchase the part by itself, hence the need for a name/part number.

If anyone could help me out that would be appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
By looking at the parts breakdown in the parts catalog it appears that this bracket is service with the shift lever assembly and is not available by itself.

There is not a part number listed for it.

If you want to get the part by itself my suggestion is to hit the local salvage yard or pick n' pull and try to round one up.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Let me see if I still have that piece, I took all that crap out when I converted to floor shift

OP
OP
3_Turner

3_Turner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me see if I still have that piece, I took all that crap out when I converted to floor shift

Thank you. If I would've known something this small would derail my shifter replacement then I would've seriously consisdered the floor option as well.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you. If I would've known something this small would derail my shifter replacement then I would've seriously consisdered the floor option as well.
Dunno if you are prepared for that amount of work lol

OP
OP
3_Turner

3_Turner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update:

I went ahead and purchased the bundle from a Dakota that contained this part off of Ebay. (Same exact metal piece, just a different Shift mechanism). Everything works perfectly now.

Of course I found out in the end that I could of avoided this whole mess by simply dropping the steering column to give myself enough room to remove the shifter. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

If anyone else has this problem, as suggested above, the local junkyard would most likely be your best friend to get this part. Or getting lucky on Ebay like I did.

Regardless, thanks for the help!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't need to drop the column to remove the shifter...just tilt down and remove the shroud. 2c1c9923901632287a68136f7f301084.jpg

OP
OP
3_Turner

3_Turner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't need to drop the column to remove the shifter...just tilt down and remove the shroud.

Good bit to know, always open to other routes.

When I was reinstalling the shifter assembly back on the new lock piece, it kept hitting the trim on the dash causing a big headache. Removing the 4 bolts to drop the column was about a minutes worth of extra work and solved my clearance problem by giving me enough room to work with.