Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PopPopsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter Hemi
Hello All. I am new here. I recently got my Father in Laws 2015 Ram1500 5.7 liter I believe (It’s a Hemi) when he passed last month.
The AC blows hot air so I put in 1234YF coolant and it was still hot. I pulled the 10amp fuse for the clutch fan and it was still good. When I put the fuse back in I heard clicking of the clutch working again. Cold air was blowing. I turned the temp to hot and back to cold again. The AC stayed hot. I took out the fuse again and reinserted it and it got cold.
My other issue is when I changed the vents from face to feet it started blowing from the top defroster. The same happened for face and feet.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Post your issue in the 4th generation section and you will get some help.

Red

BigHossRides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l v6
Thank you Papa Red
Hello All. I am new here. I recently got my Father in Laws 2015 Ram1500 5.7 liter I believe (It’s a Hemi) when he passed last month.
The AC blows hot air so I put in 1234YF coolant and it was still hot. I pulled the 10amp fuse for the clutch fan and it was still good. When I put the fuse back in I heard clicking of the clutch working again. Cold air was blowing. I turned the temp to hot and back to cold again. The AC stayed hot. I took out the fuse again and reinserted it and it got cold.
My other issue is when I changed the vents from face to feet it started blowing from the top defroster. The same happened for face and feet.
Any help would be much appreciated.

BigHossRides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l v6
Have you checked the 3 motors that controls the air flow, because if they operating correctly it will only hot air.
You pulling the fuse and putting it back, will only work for a short time. I had a 2011 with the 5.7 hemi and had the same problem and also had the a/c service done.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
on your Ram,
When you want Colder air,
close the Circulation Door, that shuts off new air from entering the HVAC box

Which HVAC Control Head do you have ?

Dodge Ram climate control reset instructions
Step 1: Turn your fan to the lowest possible setting. Step 2: Hold down the climate control/conditioning button for 10 seconds. Step 3: Let go of the button, then press and hold it again until the lights on the button start flashing. And that's it!

2015 Ram mode doors trouble shooting

Read this old post, it should help you to understand your HVAC unit

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You need to put a set of gauges on the system and check both the low and high side, When you added refrigerant you may have overcharged or introduced air into the system. Is the compressor cycling on when calling for AC?