Help with accelerating noise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Restless122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, new to this site so hopefully this goes to the right place. I’ve tried contacting many dealerships and the place where I purchased this 2008 Ram 1500 from is super shady and does not have a good reputation for repairs. So I don’t trust them to diagnose and fix the issue. So anyway, while having the engine accelerating no matter the speed or temp, the engine will make a loud wind type of noise until I let off the gas. Ive played around with it and dosnt happen as often when going over 40mph. It does not make the noise at all if I have tow haul mode activated as I originally thought it had something to do with MDS due to a p3497 code popping up. No google search has showed any similar issues and am trying to avoid a lot in diagnostic costs unless necessary. Any help or possible leads would be appreciated! Thank you.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello, new to this site so hopefully this goes to the right place. I’ve tried contacting many dealerships and the place where I purchased this 2008 Ram 1500 from is super shady and does not have a good reputation for repairs. So I don’t trust them to diagnose and fix the issue. So anyway, while having the engine accelerating no matter the speed or temp, the engine will make a loud wind type of noise until I let off the gas. Ive played around with it and dosnt happen as often when going over 40mph. It does not make the noise at all if I have tow haul mode activated as I originally thought it had something to do with MDS due to a p3497 code popping up. No google search has showed any similar issues and am trying to avoid a lot in diagnostic costs unless necessary. Any help or possible leads would be appreciated! Thank you.
Can you make a video with you driving the truck normally while it's making the noise and a separate video with Tow/Haul active where it doesn't make the noise? Post the video to YouTube and then copy and past the link here in the thread. That's how I post a video. I think you get the best video quality that way.

OP
OP
R

Restless122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Here is the link to what I am trying to describe. Kind of sounds like a Diesel engine in a way. Today it only did it after warming up to temp. Only does it while foot is on the gas as well. Only does it a few seconds on highway speed. It’s a 5.7 hemi if that helps.