Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So my 2016 has started a strange issue. Anytime the steering wheel turns to the right, the radio will switch to aux and say "device connected" and then go back to radio regardless of what I was listening to initially. It this regularly for about two weeks and then stopped for two weeks and now it's back. I am assuming that there is some issue in the steering column but this is one area where I am not well versed. Anyone had this before or have any suggestions short of the dealership?

RA2 radio, no CD, no SWC, no back up camera and it does have satellite.
I posted this in audio with no luck.

Mike

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like Clock Spring issues. Somebody more knowledgeable than me needs to chime in, but definitely sounds like a clock spring issue, since U state it does these things when you turn steering wheel to the right. Other, there may be a crimped wire going to some of the steering wheel controls which is shorting. Gonna take a lil bit of troubleshooting beyond my limited knowledge.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep... sounds like you've got issues with the wiring inside your steering column. Likely something pinching or shorting out. I've fixed a few on various vehicles over the years, always a good time.

OP
OP
audiophile

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Fantabulous. The last time I disassembled a steering wheel it was on a '77 B200 Van......... time to do some learning.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fantabulous. The last time I disassembled a steering wheel it was on a '77 B200 Van......... time to do some learning.
Yeah they're a little more complicated now... just a little.

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
May be you have Uconnect ghost. I have it in my 22. Got a mind of his own.