Hemi 8 Speed Order & Build Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cta

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 6'4" bed, air suspension
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 speed, 3.21
DAMNIT! The winch on the damn ATV did some damage to the paint on the back of the cab! It must have slipped a bit at some point in the bed and rubbed against it the whole way home. Can't wait to see what the estimate will be for this...the paint is damaged and the plastic piece at the bottom of the rear center window is dented. Since I was doing my bro a favor, he's paying for it, but it still sucks less than two weeks in!!!

Damn bro!!!! Well, the good news is that you got the first bit of damage out of the way quickly. It will be smooth sailing from this point forward :)

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Ouch!! Sorry to see that! The first scratch is always the hardest!

I spent 4.5 hours washing and claying my truck. HOLY **** it's a different color!

I need to hit it with the flex and some Adams finishing polish and seal it. I've never seen such bad acid rain streaks and coating in my life. It must have sat outside in Warren for a long time.

I've got another 4-5 hours worth of work before it's road worthy. Going to have to do it on Monday night because Tuesday it goes in for front tint. I need it sealed before it hits the road. Would be nice to drive it again someday! Wife's gone this weekend so I can't work on it.

So so far I have about 7.5 hours worth of detail work done to my "brand new" truck.

Chris

muleywannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I wonder what the status is on mine... ordered 6/12/2013 and still no VIN yet or anything on the VOTS system either. Any ideas you guys?

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch!! Sorry to see that! The first scratch is always the hardest!

I spent 4.5 hours washing and claying my truck. HOLY **** it's a different color!

I need to hit it with the flex and some Adams finishing polish and seal it. I've never seen such bad acid rain streaks and coating in my life. It must have sat outside in Warren for a long time.

I've got another 4-5 hours worth of work before it's road worthy. Going to have to do it on Monday night because Tuesday it goes in for front tint. I need it sealed before it hits the road. Would be nice to drive it again someday! Wife's gone this weekend so I can't work on it.

So so far I have about 7.5 hours worth of detail work done to my "brand new" truck.

Chris

That's dedication.

on the move..

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Used a plastic razor blade on the dealer decal and it came right off. Sprayed a little fukken on, let it sit, and the adhesive wiped right off. If I decide to debadge, this might be my method of choice, because it literally took 30 seconds.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
A wax that doubles as a solvent? lol No thanks!! ;)

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
A wax that doubles as a solvent? lol No thanks!! ;)

Haha interesting observation. I'm going to tell myself that it just wasn't good adhesive haha

...or maybe it's that glasscoat I wasted my money on actually doing its job lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Any dealer applied product is a waste. If you had ANY idea what it was you'd understand. The warranty it gives you is what you're paying for. Products with high petroleum distillates usually go on easily, come off easily, look decent, but just don't last.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Any dealer applied product is a waste. If you had ANY idea what it was you'd understand. The warranty it gives you is what you're paying for. Products with high petroleum distillates usually go on easily, come off easily, look decent, but just don't last.

Yea lifetime warranty sounds good on anything haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea chris I'm impressed with how much time you spent washing your truck. I never have the patience to spend that much time on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Yea chris I'm impressed with how much time you spent washing your truck. I never have the patience to spend that much time on mine.

Perfection takes time. Do it right the first time, and it's easier the next.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good point.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
I wouldn't say I'm comparing it to the G8, but come-on. When you get out of one and into another it's hard to not tell a difference. lol

I will say that I can already tell getting the 3.92 rear axle was a mistake. With this trans a 3.55 would have been more than enough gear. I'm running 2000rpm at 71mph. THAT is a MPG ouch.

Boat sits on a lift in the lake all summer so it's all done for the season. lol

We'll use the truck now and then, but for the most part, it'll sit in the garage. I WILL be driving it this winter. My G8 is NOT going through another winter.

I cut the grass last night so I didn't get a chance to play with it at all. Honestly, I have no "want" to. That's pretty bad.... I have a hate relationship with a brand new truck. Thanks Chrysler for everything!

Chris

Your comment about the gears puts me at ease. I was almost upset at my brother (he is my Dodge Salesman) for talking me out of the 3.92s. You have enough starting power with the 355s?
Congrats on your truck. Still waiting for mine to be here in August sometime. All options Longhorn 4x4

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Small dealer? Seems weird that the record is below $56,000 or is that the 1500 record?

Typo. MSRP is $56,125. and that is just for half ton...

Those bad boy duallys get into the low 60s if I remember.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
I still got a $2,750 rebate on top of getting the truck at invoice. The rebates should be fine for you and you might luck out with some kickass financing or something because technically that will be right around the time they want to dump the 2013's.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly what I am hoping for doing my purchase in August...

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your comment about the gears puts me at ease. I was almost upset at my brother (he is my Dodge Salesman) for talking me out of the 3.92s. You have enough starting power with the 355s?
Congrats on your truck. Still waiting for mine to be here in August sometime. All options Longhorn 4x4

I see you got a 4X4, if you plan to put taller tires on it then your gear ratio is going to get a lot closer to 300's. I'm happy with my 392's but that's just me, we all have our opinions so I'm not saying Chewy is wrong, the 392's are just not right for him...

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

I have the 3.92's and since I don't pull a trailer but a couple of times a year, and the A8's first three gears are super low, I think the 3.55's would have sufficed.

You'll be happy unless you're hauling a load constantly, and even then, I think you'd be happy.

The 3.92's aren't WRONG for me, it's just that if I knew then, what I know now, I'd have gone with the 3.55's and saved some gas.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
UPDATE: Just got an email saying my truck is in the paint booth. My brother says that it may reach his dealership in Louisiana in 2 weeks. I am thinking more like 3 or 4. Who is closer? I know ordering a truck timeline is a "your results may vary" type of deal, but what is the general assembly time if there is no hiccups?

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was in that boat. My truck was in trim status on June 28th, loaded in a railcar on June 30th and arrived at the dealer on July 9th. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
dsw1519

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
UPDATE: Just got an email saying my truck is in the paint booth. My brother says that it may reach his dealership in Louisiana in 2 weeks. I am thinking more like 3 or 4. Who is closer? I know ordering a truck timeline is a "your results may vary" type of deal, but what is the general assembly time if there is no hiccups?

I would say the 3-4 week estimate is more realistic. It took 3 weeks from the time my truck was built (completely finished and ready for shipment) to the time my dealer in Eastern PA received it.