Hemi Tick getting Louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Hemi Tick is getting louder and is taking much more time to go away after the engine starts. Is this normal? What can I do to reverse it?

Mattyfly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would check the exhaust manifold and make sure you don't have a leak I think there is something with the bolts that attach to it break of and it causes a leak which then sounds like the hemi tick. Had it on mine. had it fixed no more ticking.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Definitely sounds like manifold bolts. It's a common thing.

I've replaced them 4 times, in 3 vehicles. My previous 2010 Ram twice, my wife's Durango once, and in my current 2013 Ram once.

Next time, i'll be following the advice here and sanding them flat:

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
My Hemi Tick is getting louder and is taking much more time to go away after the engine starts. Is this normal? What can I do to reverse it?
At 154,000 miles my tick is more noticeable, but the key is it goes away after a minuet. I 've had it checked out and that's what seems to be the case. I do have the unlimited mileage MOAPR warranty until next Oct. So time will tell.

OldManEdge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I would check the exhaust manifold and make sure you don't have a leak I think there is something with the bolts that attach to it break of and it causes a leak which then sounds like the hemi tick. Had it on mine. had it fixed no more ticking.
How can I tell if it's manifold or lifters? I have 36,500 miles on my 2021 RAM, it just started clanking. Thanks!

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can I tell if it's manifold or lifters? I have 36,500 miles on my 2021 RAM, it just started clanking. Thanks!
When the engine is cold, check the heat shields on the exhaust manifolds. There should be no movement in them. If you can move them, then you may have a broken manifold bolt.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
At 154,000 miles my tick is more noticeable, but the key is it goes away after a minuet. I 've had it checked out and that's what seems to be the case. I do have the unlimited mileage MOAPR warranty until next Oct. So time will tell.

If you still have a warranty, why not have it repaired? ... out of warranty is on you and leaves you paying the bill.

Last edited:

OldManEdge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you still have a warranty, why not have it repaired? ... out of warranty is on you and leaves you paying the bill.
Got it taken care of. Leased a brand new 2025 1500 SST Laramie with the Twin Turbo Hurricane.