Here's a Labeled Fuse Diagram for the 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to hijack this thread for a moment. My OBD 2 port has no power. I have been looking for the OBD 2 Port fuse for my 2019 Ram Hemi. The way they are in the manual is confusing. I have checked all the likely suspects. All fuses test good with voltmeter. Anyone know the actual fuse number? And in which fuse panel?
Thanks!

MisterBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Edit: I have since updated this information. For far more comprehensive information on the RAM 1500 fuse panels please see this thread and thiswebsite.

I was installing a Dash Cam and a Radar Detector in my new 1500 yesterday and I needed to find a fuse with constant power and one with power only when the engine was running to tap into. It's ridiculously difficult to locate specific fuses on the internal fuse box because they're labeled so poorly in tiny black-on-black characters and hardly any are labeled.

So, I decided to take the time to label each fuse location for future reference. It's very useful so I'm posting it here if anyone else can use it. It's always good to know where each fuse is and what it does especially if one blows while you're on the road RVing or on vacation.

View attachment 456737

This is from a 2021 1500 Limited but it should be close to other 2019-2021 1500's as well with some fuses added or missing depending upon what options you have.

You can find a description for each fuse starting on page 460 of the owner's manual. I've also included this info as an attachment below. If you store this on your smartphone or print it out and keep a copy in the truck, you'll have a much better reference for the fuses if you ever have any problems.

MisterBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks so much for taking the time to do all of that labeling and images so well. It was very helpful. My Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Laramie has the Trailer Steering Knob and front and backup sensors. My problem “was” that I had a loss of the backup camera. I was only getting a Blue screen with the message that “…. the camera was temporarily unavailable”. As well as the dreaded “Red” Lightening Bolt on the dashboard instrument panel along with the message to “…. Service the Electronic Throttle Controll”. And the backup sensor was not working and the little yellow light on the toggle switch for it came on. I wanted to describe all of that above in case someone else is getting all the same issues described all at the same time like my RAM was doing….. This same senecio has happened to me once before. For me to find and by this very specific particular truck I had to go out of state to get it in NC and I live in Florida. As fate would have it the first time this happened we were traveling and I was somewhat close to the dealer I bought it from so I brought it in to them asap. After several hours of trying to come up with a fix (as I waited in the lobby) they did a little research and found a simple band-aide fix. The service manager came to me and explained all they did is “pull a fuse out wait a minute and reinsert it” and that cleared ALL the issues I was have. I quickly asked for him to show me the fuse so I could be ready to do it should it happen again. He said unfortunately everything was all put back together but he would give me a screen shot image of the fuse box and highlight the correct fuse. I said great and never gave it another though until it has now happened again 8 months later. Well here is where your post was so helpful… but first I go look for the fuse box and find what I thought was it under the hood. That fuse box layout did not seem to look like the image I was given at the dealer. I still pulled a couple of fuses trying to see if I could get any positive results and could not fix the problem. Back to the internet and I found your post where you give images of an external fuse box (under the hood) and an internal fuse box located in the cab (under the steering wheel column). Another quick YouTube search I learn all it takes is a 7mm socket to use to remove 2 screws, pull forward gently first on the left then again on the right to release the numerous tabs on the panel that needs to be removed. There lies the internal fuse box matching the picture the Service Manager gave me 8 months ago. On the paperwork he gave me, in order to fix the problem described above he highlighted fuse #53 and “your post” together with the image I already had helped me identify where #53 was. I removed it with some small needle nose pliers waited a couple of minutes then reinstalled it. And boom …. I started the truck and everything was back to normal. Yay!!!! ….. So thanks again for your help and I hope all described above may help someone else that may be experiencing what I did…… btw, I Love my RAM.

Bob_M

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooooo... today I was driving over to our son's to work on his house and the uConnect thingie popped up a message that I had a text message from the wife. FIRST TIME EVER I "tapped to read' - didn't hear the message and then the radio controls went out. I could listen to music and use the back-of-the-steering-wheel right side toggles to raise/lower volume, but the center button didn't work and none of the the left side buttons did anything. I had to use the center screen buttons to change stations, etc.
My first thought was to disconnect the negative battery cable, but figured I would at least try to be more surgical on my first attempt.
So after much searching, I found this thread. Then I had to find the youtube video for where the internal fusebox was located. Funny that the owners manual gives all kinds of detail about the engine compartment fuse box, but diddly-squat about the internal box other than the fuse location and function.
So, with those two mysteries solved I removed the panel with my trusty 7mm socket-screwdriver thingie, used a pair of flat-blade plier-like thingies to remove fuse F44, and F54 just for grins......waited about 5 minutes, plugged them back in and now the steering wheel radio controls work again!!
Many thanks to HAL9001 for his work!
Put the panel back in place, all set for my next adventure.....
Bob

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I actually downloaded the labelled pics you posted as they're a lot easier to see than the map on the box cover. I've always just taken a pic of that and zoomed in to read it in the past.

TheLegend10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 eTorque
Which fuse did you tap into for your radar detector? @HAL9001

Last edited: