High beam/Headlight problems with '03 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADK_Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I'm a new owner of a not so new Ram 1500, 2003. It was gifted to me by my wife's uncle, who had bought it for his son to drive once he got his license. It's been sitting for over two years in his yard, and it's apparent sonny boy isn't any more motivated to get his license. So it's mine now.

Two main issues I'm dealing with, there was a brake line leak in the engine compartment, but it's an easy fix so I'm not worried about that one. My main difficulty is in the lights.

Headlight on the driver's side doesn't come on, but passenger side does come on. When changed to high beams, driver's side light comes on, and passenger side light turns off.

So far as I can see, none of the fuses are blown. We replaced the bulbs, because there was one light that had a busted filament, but that didn't seem to be the problem.

What's going on here?

OP
OP
A

ADK_Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should also mention, after further tinkering, the turn signal lights, both forward and rear, do not work. I'm almost positive the bulbs are good. Seems unlikely all four would blow out at the same time.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quite possibly the front control module on your tipm. Pull it and check for corrosion on the pins since its been sitting.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Was it sitting outside or in a garage? If outside, check for mice damage to the wiring. In garage mice damage not real likely but possible.

Mike

Casrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am new to owning dodges as well. Ive got an 07 ram 2500 with hemi and I also had drivers side headlight and blinker go out. If I switch to high beams both sides go dark. Ive check the tipm for corrosion and nothing. Checked combo switches and they good. Dealer tells me $1600 min for new tipm and I can't use another from different vehicle. They have a whole lot of defects with tipm but aren't willing to help fix by making em a recall. Why

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used these guys.I did the total overhaul.

Mysfyt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
+1 on kevkev reply. Nice people to deal with. There is also a video on YouTube about jumping the circuit board on the bottom of the ipm. I believe this is where your issue is