Hood Collecting Water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Does anyone else have an issue with their hood collecting water? When my PW is parked and it rains the hood collects water. If it rains overnight I have to raise the hood and drain the water before heading to work. It appears that the water is coming in around the black inserts in the hood. I confirmed this when I was washing the truck yesterday. I have checked under the hood and cannot find any blocked drains.

sawman556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
What happens if you don't drain the water?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
So much water when you drive it won’t blow off? :893karatesmiley-thu

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What happens if you don't drain the water?
He's talking about water in the hood not on it guys. Which means the hood could rust out from the inside. I typically raise my hood after washing and have noticed some water as well (non PW).

So if there are drains/holes... Where would they be located? I'm not sure there are any. I've heard of others having their hood rust out on the front edge.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the hoods on these things are all aluminum so rust shouldn't be a problem. I have noticed the water coming from those holes like you're talking about though. About the only time my truck gets wet is at work so generally after it stops I go outside and pop the hood for a sec and let it drain out. If we actually knew where the water was collecting at we/I could drill a small hole at that spot and it wouldn't collect there at all.
If you really want to see some water come pouring out, take one of your cab mount bolts out, there's usually a **** ton of water in those. Thought about drilling a hole in the frame but haven't got around to it because its probably going to be a PITA.

OP
OP
Techflyer

Techflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Yes, the water is collecting between the layers of the hood. It only happens when the truck is sitting. No water seems to collect when I am driving. If i do not drain it I can hear it sloshing around when I take a corner.

sawman556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Damn! I'll have to check mine out next time it rains.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I have never heard of anything like this before. How the hell would water even get in there?!

OP
OP
Techflyer

Techflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
The water is coming in at the black 2500 inserts on each side

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
The water is coming in at the black 2500 inserts on each side

can you get to the holes and put in some silicone? What really works great is the black windshield goop, it don't shrink or fall off.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Does anyone else have an issue with their hood collecting water? When my PW is parked and it rains the hood collects water. If it rains overnight I have to raise the hood and drain the water before heading to work. It appears that the water is coming in around the black inserts in the hood. I confirmed this when I was washing the truck yesterday. I have checked under the hood and cannot find any blocked drains.
This is only on the 19+ and if you park up hill. Back in to your spot or use this opportunity to make good vents out of your decals!!