How do you store your personal protection device?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Any ideas on accessible methods to store my full size M&P? Visibility is not really and issue being I have pretty dark tint all the way around.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the console on the rare occasion my XDs or HK VP9 ever leaves my hip. But when I'm driving the truck on long trips I usually slid them under the fold down center arm rest with the grip sticking out.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any ideas on accessible methods to store my full size M&P Shield? Visibility is not really and issue being I have pretty dark tint all the way around.

Pull Ya and I do the same thing although his wifey made him a nice little cover for it and he's being stingy and won't share a picture :joke:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Royals

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Personal Protection Device? I used to carry them in my wallet but they made these embarrassing circles in the leather.

Ha ha. I know some forums are sticklers about guns so I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In the holster.... I dont take it out and move it when I get in and out, more of a chance of an accident, even for experienced firearm handlers. Plus I would rather have it on my person should I need to exit quickly or some emergency arrive.

And technically, the Shield is a subcompact. The full size is the M&P9, 40, 45.

OP
OP
Royals

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Pull Ya and I do the same thing although his wifey made him a nice little cover for it and he's being stingy and won't share a picture :joke:

I like this idea, unfortunately I'm in the express with the shorter center console. I'm thinking I will just go with the under the steering wheel set up I don't like the idea of having it clipped to my door and there really is not other options that are coming to mind.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ha ha. I know some forums are sticklers about guns so I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers.

Oh yes they are. I'm on a Murano forum right now. That I'm having some fun on with those guys. I've never seen a bunch of grown men. That get so butt hurt when they see a gun as easily as they do.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
90% of the time, I carry my M&P Shield in my pocket or IWB. However, sometimes, I put it here.....
98548df70d0e7e9cc874afe707e1dd25.jpg
Easy access. Out of view in the deep console. Plus, I have tinted windows and windshield. I even put my full size there on occasion for long trips. If I get out of the car I secure it on my person. Drive thru's....in the actual center console out of sight. Then pull it out :D. Works for me. Hopefully no Hillary supports are on this thread.

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

Well... that wouldn't be me. The taxpayers used to pay me (although poorly) to shoot peasants. I have no problem with weapons.

OP
OP
Royals

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
With me being a tech & Alaska being an open carry state, I've seen a few mounting options. Best one I've seen was one mounted to middle of drivers seat frame. Sitting in the seat, it was right in between your legs. Kind of inconspicuous from outside view. Also seen some mounted on the knee bolster below steering wheel.

My personal & professional beliefs negate me from sharing pics of other people's setup, regardless of what it is.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is alittle off topic here. But I believe I've came to the conclusion. That folks that drive foreign vehicles just don't believe in our 2nd amendment rights like we do. The Murano forum that in a member of for my wife's car just isn't fun anymore. lol. For that simple reason. I do believe they have all been brainwashed by Hillary and Obama to believe guns are bad and they will jump up and hurt you all on their own.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
hahaha funny I was just reading the "I got pulled over because my tint was too dark" thread. I understand your not worried about people seeing it as your windows are dark which is fine, but think about what a cop would think walking up to your truck blacked out and the second thing he sees is the grip of your M&P. You should keep it down and out of the way but still easy to access. I used to have a holster hanging off my cubby draw in the center (I dont have a console), but it was just a pain to take it out holser it and do it again if I was in and out a lot, on long trips it was nice tho.

I just practice scenarios on how I would draw from my IWB. a lot of times you will be ordered out of your vehicle at gun point and having your weapon in plain view will not allow for the second chance to get the element of sunrise. However reaching to unlatch your "seat belt" is not a threatening move in that scenario and you can then figure out how to engage with your gun in your hand. Or wait until you are out of the vehicle. there are less scenarios I have played that favor having the gun available off body within reach. and if your trying to beat some one to the first shot on a surprise ambush chances are your dead regardless of where your gun is as your never going to be fast enough.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Mine is also there using a left hand OWB clipped holster from Ace Case and a two mag holder from Springfield.

Both items clip onto the document slot opening on the lower portion of the center console.

2000GM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is alittle off topic here. But I believe I've came to the conclusion. That folks that drive foreign vehicles just don't believe in our 2nd amendment rights like we do. The Murano forum that in a member of for my wife's car just isn't fun anymore. lol. For that simple reason. I do believe they have all been brainwashed by Hillary and Obama to believe guns are bad and they will jump up and hurt you all on their own.

I'm a Subaru fan and LOTS of us are gun nuts. WRX & STI owners, anyways. Same with Toyota Truck forums, just from my browsing.

I'm stuck in Marx-achusetts and our handgun laws are somehow strict, yet vague at the same time. However in general, a loaded handgun must be "under your direct control at all times." Most interpret this to mean in a holster or pocket, whether it's concealed or not, but it must be "on" your person.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a Subaru fan and LOTS of us are gun nuts. WRX & STI owners, anyways. Same with Toyota Truck forums, just from my browsing.

I'm stuck in Marx-achusetts and our handgun laws are somehow strict, yet vague at the same time. However in general, a loaded handgun must be "under your direct control at all times." Most interpret this to mean in a holster or pocket, whether it's concealed or not, but it must be "on" your person.

Ok. I guess I should re-word that. The Murano forum that I'm on. Is full of a bunch of liberal gun hating douche bags.

I concealed carry and understand the laws. And know full well the consequences of not have control of your gun at all times. But these guys take the cake for hating guns. I have never seen type of loathing that they have for a firearm.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
^^ oh god you went there lol.. "direct control" is not defined ANYWHERE in MGL. It does not need to be on your person tho, but it needs to be easier for you to access than anyone in the vicinity. However, this is and always will be up for debate, and desecration goes a long way if there is legal woes to go along with it..

Basically if there is a situation you are immediately wrong because its a gun and your not a cop and its Massachusetts and your going to spend a while jail and never be able to own a gun again. Then you can kiss background checks, and government clearance goodbye.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93