How loud is your stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am the same way! If you have XM rockbar is a really good channel. The fact that I can still hear is amazing lol. I listen to air guns all day and then blast my music.
I have a I guess it's called a USB chip about the size of a stamp that I had my son download around 300 of my favorite songs on it. I don't have to listen to commercials or songs I don't like to hear them. I never get tired of them and play most of them like I've never heard them before! Lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a I guess it's called a USB chip about the size of a stamp that I had my son download around 300 of my favorite songs on it. I don't have to listen to commercials or songs I don't like to hear them. I never get tired of them and play most of them like I've never heard them before! Lol

I am the same way. Its driving me nuts in the ram. Its aux stopped working so I cant stream my music from amazon music or iTunes. I do like XM tho. We have it in the Pacifica and Charger and I can play it in the house or garage. Our monthly music problem is expensive, but so worth it. I like rockbar, because you might have ZZ Top and then something newer like Disturbed. They also have cocktail recipes they share lol. Im currently listening to some early Crue.

jwhitebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What subs are those? And what all do you have wired up in there? lol... that looks pretty serious, all the extra components and such.
Dc audio level 4 12s, with blue carbon fiber dust caps. Dual 1/0 gauge power & ground, a titan8 lithium battery pre-amp for reserve, and a netaudio pac line output converter that creates rca for my amp. The smaller blue/grey wires are for my voltmeter, they are right there at the amp as well so I know exactly what the amp is seeing

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Not Loud Enough... I miss my beats system that was in my Durango R/T...
That's just funny right there.. Lol the "premium" sound systems in these vehicles are horrible, especially once you have listened to a proper built custom high end system.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's just funny right there.. Lol the "premium" sound systems in these vehicles are horrible, especially once you have listened to a proper built custom high end system.

My Durango had some awesome stuff on it. I wish the ram would have offered things like the beats by Dre. Man that thing hit hard. No need to upgrade anything.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
My Durango had some awesome stuff on it. I wish the ram would have offered things like the beats by Dre. Man that thing hit hard. No need to upgrade anything.
That apple garbage has nothing in a real system. They are generic equipment that rely solely on processing from a DSP. The worst part is they process down, reducing output because the speakers & sub can't handle it, caising the amp to clip.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Want to bet? Bring your truck to me and I'll play a couple country songs that will hit base notes that no rock or rap will hit.

I listen to just about every genre in my truck. Mostly classic rock and old country. 99% of todays music is pure garbage. I can't even stand todays rock and hip hop.. Pure ****.... And that use of auto tune.... Proof that they can't sing

i guarantee,country will never be heard in my truck,period.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My system’s loud enough for me. All I have is just better infinity reference speakers on the dash, and in the rear doors with some JBL roof speakers along with a dual 10” JL Audio Stealthbox wired to a JL Audio 500w amp that gets it’s feed from the factory subwoofer with no help from a line out converter or that Pac Audio thing that bypasses the factory amp. Mine is the loudest I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
because i hate country i don't enjoy the full potential? ok.
Yes, exactly. I haye the majority of rap and all new hip hop garbage, but i will still play it if there is a song that will really hit nice highs or hard lows when demonstrating what the system can do. I don't try to pretend I'm cool just listening to heavy metal or just rap, or just country. Most modern metal is garbage, but it still get played. It's called being open minded.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Yes, exactly. I haye the majority of rap and all new hip hop garbage, but i will still play it if there is a song that will really hit nice highs or hard lows when demonstrating what the system can do. I don't try to pretend I'm cool just listening to heavy metal or just rap, or just country. Most modern metal is garbage, but it still get played. It's called being open minded.

lol,it has nothing to do with being open minded.i don't like country and you won't change my mind,but you go ahead and keep trying.just don't get butthurt when i refuse.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
lol,it has nothing to do with being open minded.i don't like country and you won't change my mind,but you go ahead and keep trying.just don't get butthurt when i refuse.
Lol I'm not trying to change your mind. I don't get butt hurt over anything. I'm just saying your not open minded. Sorry that bothers you. Lol

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I know there are ultimate systems and much better than mine but mine is as loud as I can stand it. I changed the speakers listening to others say how much better it would be but if I had it to do over again I would have left it. I listen to classic rock and very little county because most of today's music isn't for me. I don't need it any louder because I don't want to be the disrespectful person that pulls up to the gas pumps or at anyplace thinking people want to hear my music. It's called respect which there is very little of now day's. Play it as loud as you want, you'll enjoy the ringing in your ears later in life! Lol

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That apple garbage has nothing in a real system. They are generic equipment that rely solely on processing from a DSP. The worst part is they process down, reducing output because the speakers & sub can't handle it, caising the amp to clip.

I meant from a stock sound point I enjoyed the way it sounded. Aftermarket is always better.

Brandon_blh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good topic…. I have a 2016 2500 Laramie mega cab with the alpine system…. Trying to decide what to do for an aftermarket system. Anyone have any recommendations? Don’t want to spend more than around $2500 or so.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
You must have a lot of extra time on your hands. Most people don’t care about decibels. Good clean sound with some good thump to it. I like my Ram system. Sounds great at regular levels and whenever I pump it up...regardless of decibel level.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
The source on my factory unit has a lot to do with volume I've found out. The XM radio seems to be the softest. Plug in my iPhone and it will wake the folks up a mile down the road. Plenty loud enough for me. And, I do enjoy a fully cranked song once in a while.

Highland1371

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still waiting on my new ram but my comp vehicle does 150 on 380w and 161.9 on 7900w sealed on the glass.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have no idea what the decibels are, I don't have the equipment to test it, but I have an 840 watt amp powering Kenwood Excelon speakers and two JL subwoofers. I haven't gotten the volume level over 70% yet, it starts to hurt your ears at that point unless the windows are rolled down lol.
And then when get old you spend $5k on hearing aids, mind you that was from other stuff, not stereos
I do a DB meter , but I have never checked my radio. Load enough.
BTW my girl has Tinnitus, from Milt . service, and a fall, It has put her in the hospital 2-3 times, do not mess with that.
BTW The watts marked on the box does not mean much. The best amp I ever installed was rated at 90 watts RMS . 5000watts :rotflmao: