How much off '18 MSRPs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A8MG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just bought a 18 2500 Diesel Laramie crew cab, pretty loaded up for 50k out the door. Retail was 65k. Their internet offer was 56k and it didn't take much to get them down to 50. They still have 6 18 tradesmans with the Cummins on the lot. They'll let them go for 40k or less. That's what I went to look at, but the Laramie was nice and a good deal.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I just bought a 18 2500 Diesel Laramie crew cab, pretty loaded up for 50k out the door. Retail was 65k. Their internet offer was 56k and it didn't take much to get them down to 50. They still have 6 18 tradesmans with the Cummins on the lot. They'll let them go for 40k or less. That's what I went to look at, but the Laramie was nice and a good deal.
geeeeshhhh. I couldn't even get a gasser that cheap. They advertised it as 'web price' $47k but when I got there they gave me some story about rebates blah blah blah. They applied all rebates I qualified for and said $53k was the lowest they would go. And KBB said my trade in was 14-16k. They offered 14k and it was in great shape. They were very tight with their numbers. I ended up buying a slightly used (8000 miles) 2018 2500 6.4. It's pretty loaded except leather, sunroof and heated seats. Got it for $40k and they gave me $18k for mine. This was a different dealer.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That’s a damn good price on a CTD Big Horn

The Blue Mule

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
This is NOT a Power Wagon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The price is for a power wagon he has the wrong pictures for the first two pics the Laramie listed above I screen grabbed is the power wagon. Search the inventory at holzhauers in southern il. I just grabbed a screen shot off Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The price is for a power wagon he has the wrong pictures for the first two pics the Laramie listed above I screen grabbed is the power wagon. Search the inventory at holzhauers in southern il. I just grabbed a screen shot off Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok. Just don’t want anyone thinking they’re buying a limited edition Power Wagon with the winch delete and 20 inch wheel package...[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TXCOMT

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I drove the stripper yesterday...that Tradesman CTD was nice. Spartan, of course, and not a ride like my Reb, but nice. In the past two weeks, I've driven '18 and '19 2500s and 3500s in diesel and gas with 6- and 8-speed trannies and in two trims (Tradesman and Laramie). The Laramie is closest interior to what I'm used to driving, of course, but the Tradesman will do the job, especially with that torquey oil-burner under the hood.

Good salesman, too; he admitted that I probably knew more about the truck than he did (it was on the used lot and he sells new stuff) and that his job was really to serve as a middleman between me and the tower. Ex-Army, so he didn't try to pull any fast ones on me. Heck, he didn't even sit me down and run numbers, as this CTD is a CPO rig and as such, has a fixed price.

Decisions, decisions.

USMCVet2816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
...are y'all paying (not just seeing since we all know advertised and actual numbers usually vary)?

I'm in the market for a 2500 or 3500 and they seem to be all over the place. I'm curious what you new HD owners have paid for '18s during the last few months.

Thanks!
TXCOMT
About 42000 out the door

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
About 42000 out the door

I see in your sig a g56, is that the manual tranny? If so, congrats and that's awesome.... That paired with a Cummins should be amazing. Maybe someone can confirm this but I thought I heard no more manual trannies 2019 on? It's a sad thing that manual transmissions are going the way of the dinosaur.

I guess we just don't enough hands to hold our Starbucks coffee, our iphones and still shift gears :)

btw.... welcome - this is a great group with a lot of really good info.

USMCVet2816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I see in your sig a g56, is that the manual tranny? If so, congrats and that's awesome.... That paired with a Cummins should be amazing. Maybe someone can confirm this but I thought I heard no more manual trannies 2019 on? It's a sad thing that manual transmissions are going the way of the dinosaur.

I guess we just don't enough hands to hold our Starbucks coffee, our iphones and still shift gears :)

It is an 18 and unfortunately you are correct, no more manual trans for the 19. I can say that with %100 confidence.

USMCVet2816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

And thank you for the welcome! I'm excited to finally have a truck with an engine that I built, kind of an odd feeling

Worxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just bought an 18 CTD 2500 tradesman for just under 41k OTD. It was the last of the 18's they had and it was late at night, so I haggled until they caved. I could have got a gasser for about 35k OTD...but after driving the CTD, calculating the gas mileage (getting 17 around town, 14 pulling my 7500 lb boat, and 22 hwy at 75 with the CTD), and the re-sale value...I couldn't pass up the CTD. I would be hard pressed to go back to a gasser after 6k miles, plus that engine sound is addictive.

Donald Parker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is a great question. I tried since March to buy a 2018 "New" Laramie Longhorn 3500 Cummins and I looked at trucks in Orlando, Houston, Dallas, Little Rock, Charlotte, and even as far as Denver (would have driven it home from a business trip). Most of the trucks had a Window Sticker price in the mid to high $70's, and NOBODY was seriously dealing/discounting. I got as low as $10k off MSRP, but that was it (then the dealer wanted to add $899 dealer fee and a couple other dealer options). By the June timeframe, I gave up and bought a mint condition, low miles 2017 from a small dealer outside Wilmington, NC. I got a great price, flew up from Orlando and drove it home. I do not know why, but dealers think these HD models are like gold. Here is the funniest part. A dealer in Charlotte said he could order me a 2019 EXACTLY the way I wanted it, CHEAPER than the 2018 on his lot. Anyway, I saved $17k purchasing a gently used one and I LOVE IT!

CKayaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
...are y'all paying (not just seeing since we all know advertised and actual numbers usually vary)?

I'm in the market for a 2500 or 3500 and they seem to be all over the place. I'm curious what you new HD owners have paid for '18s during the last few months.

Thanks!
TXCOMT

Bought a 2018 2500 Tradesman in June. Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID. Pretty basic package but what I needed was functional, not fluff. Full factory tow package: mirrors, hitch, brake, etc. 6.4l hemi. Club cab. Tinted windows. 6' bed. $40K for the truck, plus another $7K for add-ons (registration, extended warranty, and some aftermarket parts I asked to have installed). No sales tax as we registered it to our Montana address. Saved 9.5% right there compared to a California buy! (We are in process of moving.)

June 2019 right after purchase.jpg

OP
OP
TXCOMT

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a 2018 2500 Tradesman in June. Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID. Pretty basic package but what I needed was functional, not fluff. Full factory tow package: mirrors, hitch, brake, etc. 6.4l hemi. Club cab. Tinted windows. 6' bed. $40K for the truck, plus another $7K for add-ons (registration, extended warranty, and some aftermarket parts I asked to have installed). No sales tax as we registered it to our Montana address. Saved 9.5% right there compared to a California buy! (We are in process of moving.)

Nice! I just requested some real numbers for a rig at a Dallas dealer that looks just like your except with a CTD; it's advertised at $41K, but this store seems to tack on about $2K in unlisted dealer adds. My goal is to get that down to $40K, have him eat the adds and just pay TT&L above that number.

I'm mystified by the guys who think sitting on aged inventory is better than moving 'em! Yep, I know they "need to make money" on each truck, but if I was a GM, I'd admire a sales manager willing to give up a little on a unit that isn't very popular so we can make more for one that is...it's just common sense.

We lived in Helena for four years; loved almost everything about it except mud season...well, and wildfires.

TXCOMT