How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have extra Door handle Connectors and pins I can buy off of them. I’ve got a few RFQ and they are crazy expensive.

Any help would be appreciated.

—2018 Ram 1500—

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone have extra Door handle Connectors and pins I can buy off of them. I’ve got a few RFQ and they are crazy expensive.

—2018 Ram 1500—

I will also need the door handle connectors/pins so if you wind up with a group buy type deal count me in.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will also need the door handle connectors/pins so if you wind up with a group buy type deal count me in.

If I can get a few people to commit to buying I would buy 26 connectors and the pins. And let everyone know pricing. That way no surprises.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

—2018 Ram 1500—
To the best of my knowledge no one has used the factory connector yet. They are to expensive and were also hard to find. We ended up cutting the connector off and soldering and heat shrinking the wires on the five trucks we have done. It's not the (Factory) setup but it's a permanent connection and works fine. Your other option is to cut the connector and replace it with a different connector. I struggled with it at first because I like my harnesses as close to the factory setup as possible and I'm kinda OCD but in some cases it just doesn't make sense. I thought it would bother me but I'm fine with it now that it's done. It's extremely unlikely I will ever need to replace the handles or disconnect the wiring and if I do I will just cut it off and solder on a new one. If it was something that was more visible like a seat harness ect I can see going to more extremes to make it as factory looking as possible. I guess now that more people are installing the push to start a group buy would start to make more sense if it's something that bothers you to the point of not wanting to install the handles without it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the best of my knowledge no one has used the factory connector yet. They are to expensive and were also hard to find. We ended up cutting the connector off and soldering and heat shrinking the wires on the five trucks we have done. It's not the (Factory) setup but it's a permanent connection and works fine. Your other option is to cut the connector and replace it with a different connector. I struggled with it at first because I like my harnesses as close to the factory setup as possible and I'm kinda OCD but in some cases it just doesn't make sense. I thought it would bother me but I'm fine with it now that it's done. It's extremely unlikely I will ever need to replace the handles or disconnect the wiring and if I do I will just cut it off and solder on a new one. If it was something that was more visible like a seat harness ect I can see going to more extremes to make it as factory looking as possible. I guess now that more people are installing the push to start a group buy would start to make more sense if it's something that bothers you to the point of not wanting to install the handles without it.

I purchased the mouser connectors “alternative connectors” that Jimmy put in the installation post. That way it’s still a “connector”. I’ve been debating on doing it just cut and call it a day. But I like OEM. But then again like you said. It can’t be seen so it probably wouldn’t bother me lol

—2018 Ram 1500—

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the mouser connectors “alternative connectors” that Jimmy put in the installation post. That way it’s still a “connector”. I’ve been debating on doing it just cut and call it a day. But I like OEM. But then again like you said. It can’t be seen so it probably wouldn’t bother me lol

—2018 Ram 1500—
Lol trust me it bothered me too at first but it's something you can't see unless you tear the whole door apart which I will never do. I soldered mine because if done correctly it's a connection I will never have to worry about or remove. Had it been anything visible or that I thought I would possibly ever need to disconnect I would have pinned a different connector.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol trust me it bothered me too at first but it's something you can't see unless you tear the whole door apart which I will never do. I soldered mine because if done correctly it's a connection I will never have to worry about or remove. Had it been anything visible or that I thought I would possibly ever need to disconnect I would have pinned a different connector.

Lol. Yeah I will never tear that damn door apart ever again once I install the handles. I already had it most of the way just running the wires and installing the antennas.

FYI. I had a problem with fob safe not working when I only had 2 antennas installed. Also wouldn’t read the fob all the time to start the truck. Once I installed the door antennas everything is working good. I can even have the fob in between my rfid pad(in my wallet) and my phone and my truck still starts without a problem. Thinking the door antennas helped locate the fob better cause it’s detected on all sides and not just front and back.

—2018 Ram 1500—

Remen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Thanks for the great write up jimmy07. Finished installation and testing after programming with AlfaOBD revealed that the left door handle did not function. I verified wiring to the hub and antennae was correct and ended up at the green front door connector. I only had one terminal slot open in the grey connector which I used for the mirror running light mod thus used the green connector for the door handle terminals.
I discovered the available terminal positions on the cab side were not the same as the door side and had pinned the signal wire incorrectly. Moved the wires to terminal positions 11/12, still no function. Last place to check was the door handle connection behind the panel. I found when I placed a box just the height reaching the bottom of the door that I didn’t have to remove the complete harness. I unstrapped the front of the harness and removed the screws to the flexible boot which allowed rotation of the inner panel up and forward. I then used a bolt to hold the panel upright sitting on the box I had placed under the door.
Well my temporary connection to the door handle connector had failed. I am still looking for door handle connectors for a permanent solution so I fixed the issue and tested the handle successfully.
I’m enjoying not having to insert the key to start but mostly the passive entry.
I can confirm that the connector terminals are not the same in the green connector as stated in previous posts. The bigger terminals are Yazaki 7114/7116-4112-02 male/female. Thanks STecoD for providing the terminals to complete this install.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to @MaxSteel2013. I have the factory connectors and Pins for the door handles. I’m planning on installing them here in a few. Here is a few pictures of the factory connectors and how to take them apart because there is a water proof plug in this connector.

Front side
8313c1df13f0ed66e559d8c68a3bb229.jpg

Back side(where the wire goes into the connector)
3c516ab0275eff0ba537a94d170b3485.jpg

Where the red line is. Is where you stick a flat head screw driver in on both sides to pop off the cover to show the plug. The red circle is the pin lock. Once the pins are inserted slide it to the center to lock the pins into place.
08cb5b3b9afcc44fc5f6aeca450473f0.jpg

Back side view after the cover is taken off showing the plug
33afdb3610c6e28d1dd6dbb10bed8b3b.jpg

Plug is really easy to get out
0fa32c52a37c310f920aebb5fa69315c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I have a problem with my handle and the connector. Whenever I walk up to the truck without touching the handle the door unlocks with the key in my pocket. I’m going to assume this means that somehow the pins are to close together and they are constantly making a connection so the key coming within range automatically unlocks it cause it’s making the full signal loop with the signal

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I have a problem with my handle and the connector. Whenever I walk up to the truck without touching the handle the door unlocks with the key in my pocket. I’m going to assume this means that somehow the pins are to close together and they are constantly making a connection so the key coming within range automatically unlocks it cause it’s making the full signal loop with the signal

Sounds like that. You can connect to the rf hub and might be able to see the status of the signal, I can't remember exactly what is available

There is also a door handle verification test you can run.

If they are shorting out I would look for "whiskers" of copper strands that might be hanging out of the crimped pin connections.

Also verify correct pin locations but Im not sure a reversed set would cause this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

That's the proximity feature. It should do that.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, it shouldn't unlock until you put your hand behind the door handle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that's not right. Unless there was a sensor directly attached to the handle you couldn't do that.

This is how our Durango works too with it factory installed.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I wonder if we could turn that feature off with my AutoEnginuity tool...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if we could turn that feature off with my AutoEnginuity tool...
You can turn the proximity handles off in the settings menu on the radio. I personally wouldn't use the AE tool for any BCM changes now that we have the alpha tool. The AE tool has caused corruption issues in several BCM's in the past including mine. I have had to have my truck flashed by the dealer twice in the past to fix it.

cf6c069cbc8403c2c8c55ed58ac6d1e0.jpg

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can turn the proximity handles off in the settings menu on the radio. I personally wouldn't use the AE tool for any BCM changes now that we have the alpha tool. The AE tool has caused corruption issues in several BCM's in the past including mine. I have had to have my truck flashed by the dealer twice in the past to fix it.

cf6c069cbc8403c2c8c55ed58ac6d1e0.jpg

Yikes. What were you trying to do when it locked it up?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yikes. What were you trying to do when it locked it up?
The first time I enabled the Single Zone ATC code and it erased my vehicle brand and there was no way to put it back. This happened to several people. The second time I enabled my VTA and my HomeLink stopped working and some other issues and once again there was no settings to restore the BCM. This also happened to STecoD when he enabled his VTA with the AE tool. Several people had several issues with the tool and have had to have their trucks flashed for variety of issues caused by the tool. The problem is it will change codes on it's own and it's difficult to figure out what it did. The thing that makes it worse is if you're lucky enough to figure it out you can't change it back.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The first time I enabled the Single Zone ATC code and it erased my vehicle brand and there was no way to put it back. This happened to several people. The second time I enabled my VTA and my HomeLink stopped working and some other issues and once again there was no settings to restore the BCM. This also happened to STecoD when he enabled his VTA with the AE tool. Several people had several issues with the tool and have had to have their trucks flashed for variety of issues caused by the tool. The problem is it will change codes on it's own and it's difficult to figure out what it did. The thing that makes it worse is if your lucky enough to figure it out you can't change it back.

Damn. Well I'm glad you posted on here. I've only used it to enable LEDs, Remote Start, and passive entry. It still paid itself off, but I likely won't use it again now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca