How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn. Well I'm glad you posted on here. I've only used it to enable LEDs, Remote Start, and passive entry. It still paid itself off, but I likely won't use it again now.
I haven't even plugged mine in for over a year. They may have done updates to correct some if the issues but I'm not sure. I can tell you that in the past it messed up a lot of trucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can turn the proximity handles off in the settings menu on the radio. I personally wouldn't use the AE tool for any BCM changes now that we have the alpha tool. The AE tool has caused corruption issues in several BCM's in the past including mine. I have had to have my truck flashed by the dealer twice in the past to fix it.

cf6c069cbc8403c2c8c55ed58ac6d1e0.jpg

I thought that you had to press the button to unlock. I had a Chevy rental that you had to press the button to unlock and lock. Not just walking up. So everything is working the right way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I haven't even plugged mine in for over a year. They may have done updates to correct some if the issues but I'm not sure. I can tell you that in the past it messed up a lot of trucks.

Same here. Just sitting on the shelf with my Dell 11" tablet PC.

M² Mods.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought that you had to press the button to unlock. I had a Chevy rental that you had to press the button to unlock and lock. Not just walking up. So everything is working the right way lol

No but they shouldn't unlock until you put your hand behind the door handle. If that's what they're doing they are working correctly.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No but they shouldn't unlock until you put your hand behind the door handle. If that's what they're doing they are working correctly.

Yeah. I took the pins out of the connector and threw some shrink wrap around the wire and crimp side of the pin. Now it’s only doing it when I put my hand on the door handle and not just when I walk up. Think it was making the connection with no heat shrink on it.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. I took the pins out of the connector and threw some shrink wrap around the wire and crimp side of the pin. Now it’s only doing it when I put my hand on the door handle and not just when I walk up. Think it was making the connection with no heat shrink on it.

I wonder why the Durango does it

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder why the Durango does it
Different setup maybe.

The ram definitely needs you to put your hand on the inside of the exterior handle for it to sense unlock. And pressing the button on the handle will only lock the doors.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Different setup maybe.

The ram definitely needs you to put your hand on the inside of the exterior handle for it to sense unlock. And pressing the button on the handle will only lock the doors.

I "hate" to do it, but I'm probably going to tear apart the Durango door panel to see if I can figure it out. My '13 1500 did the same thing...but it was with the AutoTech Electronics kit

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I "hate" to do it, but I'm probably going to tear apart the Durango door panel to see if I can figure it out. My '13 1500 did the same thing...but it was with the AutoTech Electronics kit
Weird. Maybe just check the owners manual first, it might specifically call out how it should work.

The ram service manual explains the ram version of the system very well, you do need to touch the handle.

I don't have a Durango service manual too compare to though

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I'll be doing the '17 next week when I'm back so I'll have to do the shrink wrap.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surprised the heat shrink was necessary unless they weren't crimped perfectly. At least it works now!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surprised the heat shrink was necessary unless they weren't crimped perfectly. At least it works now!

I wouldn’t say I crimp the best. So they weren’t perfect by all means. All in good working order now. I only did the drivers side for now. I’ll do the passenger side this weekend or maybe in a month lmao.

Honestly who actually uses the passenger side passive entry lol

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn’t say I crimp the best. So they weren’t perfect by all means. All in good working order now. I only did the drivers side for now. I’ll do the passenger side this weekend or maybe in a month lmao.

Honestly who actually uses the passenger side passive entry lol

The passenger side is kind of cool because it unlocks all the doors which is nice when your with a lot of people and you want to let everyone in at once.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never bought the passenger handle. Never been an issue.

Id rather work out getting the tailgate to work like the front handle instead.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The passenger side is kind of cool because it unlocks all the doors which is nice when your with a lot of people and you want to let everyone in at once.

When I have used it so far I have it set to first key fob unlock. Unlocks all. When I use the prox it currently unlocks all my doors just like my key fob does

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I have used it so far I have it set to first key fob unlock. Unlocks all. When I use the prox it currently unlocks all my doors just like my key fob does

I guess it depends on how you have your truck set. I have mine set to unlock the drivers door only on the first press with the fob. I don't like unlocking all the doors and tailgate everytime I get in the truck just because of unnecessary wear and tear. When I use the proximity entry on the drivers side it unlocks the driver door only. When I use it on the passenger side it unlocks all the doors and tailgate. I kind of like it that way.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess it depends on how you have your truck set. I have mine set to unlock the drivers door only on the first press with the fob. I don't like unlocking all the doors and tailgate everytime I get in the truck just because of unnecessary wear and tear. When I use the proximity entry on the drivers side it unlocks the driver door only. When I use it on the passenger side it unlocks all the doors and tailgate. I kind of like it that way.

That's cool, didn't know passenger door works that way. Maybe someday I'll add it.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah that’s a very good point. Never really thought about it like that. I just went out to check the truck and it doesn’t seem like it wants to unlock now that it is asleep. I put my hand behind the door handle and everything but nothing. Maybe the handle itself is bad. It only seems to work after the truck had been woke up by the key fob or after you shut the door getting out

I’m going to go in Alfa and disable it and re enable it to see if it helps. I have had everything set to yes for a few weeks and I know I was getting faults for circuit open when the door handle wasn’t there but I cleared all the faults before I installed the door handle

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that’s a very good point. Never really thought about it like that. I just went out to check the truck and it doesn’t seem like it wants to unlock now that it is asleep. I put my hand behind the door handle and everything but nothing. Maybe the handle itself is bad. It only seems to work after the truck had been woke up by the key fob or after you shut the door getting out

I’m going to go in Alfa and disable it and re enable it to see if it helps. I have had everything set to yes for a few weeks and I know I was getting faults for circuit open when the door handle wasn’t there but I cleared all the faults before I installed the door handle

Yes that's definitely not working correctly. My truck wakes up instantly if I touch the back of the door handle no matter how long it's been sitting. It will even wake up if I don't have my fob but of course it won't start or turn on at all. I thought it was strange that it woke up without my fob so I checked some of the leftover 18s at my dealer and most of them acted the same.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes that's definitely not working correctly. My truck wakes up instantly if I touch the back of the door handle no matter how long it's been sitting. It will even wake up if I don't have my fob but of course it won't start or turn on at all. I thought it was strange that it woke up without my fob so I checked some of the leftover 18s at my dealer and most of them acted the same.

I purchased the handle from AllMoparParts so hopefully it’s my truck being dumb. When I walk up to it. The dash lights up but nothing happens. As far as the unlock.