How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am getting two codes for the handles. Maybe I do have something crossed. Although I thought i was family cautious to make sure i pinned all the door correctly. That’s an easy check though I can take the panels off at the b post and check the doors individually.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am getting two codes for the handles. Maybe I do have something crossed. Although I thought i was family cautious to make sure i pinned all the door correctly. That’s an easy check though I can take the panels off at the b post and check the doors individually.

Also clear them and see if they come back. Codes could have came from before you had the actual handles installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The collective information here is pretty awesome. This upgrade is definitely on my radar. Though I am a little apprehensive going at it solo.
Wiring/electronics always make me nervous.

Do they make the passive entry handles in the textured black plastic? Those are the handles I currently have. When I looked up the passive handles I don't remember seeing those listed, but hydro blue (truck paint color) wasn't listed as a color option either. I suppose I could see if there was a "bare" passive handle, could get that and have it painted.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The collective information here is pretty awesome. This upgrade is definitely on my radar. Though I am a little apprehensive going at it solo.

Do they make the passive entry handles in the textured black plastic? Those are the handles I currently have. When I looked up the passive handles I don't remember seeing those listed, but hydro blue (truck paint color) wasn't listed as a color option either. I suppose I could see if there was a "bare" passive handle, could get that and have it painted.

Here’s the VIN of a hydro sport with body color passive entry handles- 1C6RR7MT4JS220054

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also clear them and see if they come back. Codes could have came from before you had the actual handles installed

Yes they came back but I don’t remember exactly what it said. I’ll look at it tomorrow. The other problem I’m having is picking up the wheel sensors so the light goes off. That’s more annoying that the handles not working.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you have black wheels and going for the black on blue look you could purchase the all black passive entry handles

Here are the part numbers for both driver and passenger passive entry all black crystal, in case you go this route.

Driver - 1UJ81AXRAG
Pass - 1UJ86AXRAG

Also if you want to change the back Door to match here are the regular all crystal black handles

Back door (need 2) - 1GH18AXRAD

Last edited:

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s the VIN of a hydro sport with body color passive entry handles- 1C6RR7MT4JS220054

Thanks!

If you have black wheels and going for the black on blue look you could purchase the all black passive entry handles

Here are the part numbers for both driver and passenger passive entry all black crystal, in case you go this route.

Driver - 1UJ81AXRAG
Pass - 1UJ86AXRAG

Thanks for the info. I think if I kept them black I'd prefer it a matte black like every other black accent that's currently on the truck (hood vinyl, mirrors, bee trim, etc...)

Also just noticed you're in DFW area, I'm down in HTX. Whenever I get all the parts together if you're so inclined, I'd be down to pay for some assistance, especially since you've already installed your setup.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they came back but I don’t remember exactly what it said. I’ll look at it tomorrow. The other problem I’m having is picking up the wheel sensors so the light goes off. That’s more annoying that the handles not working.

The only thing I can think is go for a good drive 10+ miles. Take Alfa with you. If it doesn’t pick it by then reset the RF hub and drive the 10+ miles back home.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

You can do a rolling test with alphaobd. I believe it's under the rf hub. It will have you drive like 30 mph for about 30 seconds I think. This allows the truck to relearn the sensors. If you have a service tpms message try while connected to the rf hub checking for any codes and erase them then do the rolls test. Check and clear any bcm codes also

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do a rolling test with alphaobd. I believe it's under the rf hub. It will have you drive like 30 mph for about 30 seconds I think. This allows the truck to relearn the sensors. If you have a service tpms message try while connected to the rf hub checking for any codes and erase them then do the rolls test. Check and clear any bcm codes also

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

When i did the roll test yesterday. One time it would only pick up one sensor, the next time none of them and a couple times it picked up them all but the light stayed on.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed everything like directed, got the fobik programmed but I can not reset the rfhub because it’s says ignition must be in run position and I can not get the ignition to turn on when pushing the button, the button is lit up but just will not do anything, can anyone help me figure this out?

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed everything like directed, got the fobik programmed but I can not reset the rfhub because it’s says ignition must be in run position and I can not get the ignition to turn on when pushing the button, the button is lit up but just will not do anything, can anyone help me figure this out?

With mine, to get it to the run position, I just have to push the button twice without stepping on the brake. I had trouble at first as well. I can’t tell you exactly what is going on but you need to read the prompts Alpha gives you Thoroughly. I think you’re missing one of the steps.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dash shows push brake and push button to start like it’s suppose to but the button will not respond, it won’t turn to acc, run or anything

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My dash shows push brake and push button to start like it’s suppose to but the button will not respond, it won’t turn to acc, run or anything
Was the new fob successfully programmed?

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn’t have an issue with that part or programming the fobs. All I can suggest is to check your connections and try working through it again. Maybe someone else has had that issue and can shed some more light for you.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Also run the locate fobs option in Alfa in the RF hub menu and make sure the truck is sensing the key. That’s how I tested to make sure my antennas were wired correctly and also go back through Alfa and make sure everything is set correctly.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also run the locate fobs option in Alfa in the RF hub menu and make sure the truck is sensing the key. That’s how I tested to make sure my antennas were wired correctly and also go back through Alfa and make sure everything is set correctly.

I just checked all my settings and everything is correct. When I do the locate fobs it just shows “procedure completed”

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just checked all my settings and everything is correct. When I do the locate fobs it just shows “procedure completed”

If that’s the case the antennas are not picking up the fob. It should have a list of locations

Inside
Outside right
Outside left
Outside back

They should all be zero until you hit start and the if the fob is on the inside. It should turn to 1.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But Alfa also says ignition must be in run position when running fob locate and I can’t put it in the run position.