How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was it! My owners manual says to (press the lock button on the key fob to be programmed within five seconds of pressing button 1 or 2) it doesn't say anything about pressing the (set) button before pressing 1 or 2. Radio and ATC temp still don't seem to want to set but the key fob is now linked. The memory is also recalled when I unlock the truck via the proximity door handles. Thanks.bf2629974ac6fb5a38c12e605cd0618a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Got the memory seat harness from m2mods installed, but I can't get the seats to recall memory.
Display shows memory 1 profile set, but won't do anything if I move the seat then press 1 to recall.
I have driver and passenger memory mirror, memory seat, and easy exit enabled. They have been configured since I installed the seats a couple of months ago.
Settings I enabled today that I was not sure about were Cabin Net MSM Memory Seat Module and Customer Settings Menu RKE Linked To Memory Customer Settings Menu.

goldeneyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn/Longhorn Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
Ricks Ram: I've got a question for you. I changed all my seats and console in my 2019 Ram Dt from Bighorn to Leather Longhorn. It was simply a plug and play. The passenger Bighorn seat was not power but once the pass longhorn was plugged in it worked both power and heated. My problem is that the ventilated display does not show up on my 8.4 Uconnect although both seats are ventilated. What am I missing. Thanks..... Bill

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ricks Ram: I've got a question for you. I changed all my seats and console in my 2019 Ram Dt from Bighorn to Leather Longhorn. It was simply a plug and play. The passenger Bighorn seat was not power but once the pass longhorn was plugged in it worked both power and heated. My problem is that the ventilated display does not show up on my 8.4 Uconnect although both seats are ventilated. What am I missing. Thanks..... Bill
Did you enable the codes in your BCM with the alfa tool? The seats may work without the codes being enabled but they will not show up on the screen in the 8.4 radio until they are

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the memory seat harness from m2mods installed, but I can't get the seats to recall memory.
Display shows memory 1 profile set, but won't do anything if I move the seat then press 1 to recall.
I have driver and passenger memory mirror, memory seat, and easy exit enabled. They have been configured since I installed the seats a couple of months ago.
Settings I enabled today that I was not sure about were Cabin Net MSM Memory Seat Module and Customer Settings Menu RKE Linked To Memory Customer Settings Menu.
There are three codes for the memory seats alone. Ghost-Ram just updated the list in the beginning of the alfa thread. Did you check there to make sure you have all the memory codes enabled?

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
There are three codes for the memory seats alone. Ghost-Ram just updated the list in the beginning of the alfa thread. Did you check there to make sure you have all the memory codes enabled?

Just reviewed the post, settings look good except ECUConfig 3 - Memory CSO Present. I don't have that setting available.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Got it working!!!

Memory Seat Module was showing code:
B1D9B
No code description found
Missing calibration
Last test failed
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested

I cleared the code and in the Memory Seat Module I ran the Standardization and MSMD Self Test. Both tests stated:
Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside allowable range.

However, the seat moved when performing both tests.

I tried the memory functions again and was successful, even completed the FOB programming and recall!

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it working!!!

Memory Seat Module was showing code:
B1D9B
No code description found
Missing calibration
Last test failed
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested

I cleared the code and in the Memory Seat Module I ran the Standardization and MSMD Self Test. Both tests stated:
Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside allowable range.

However, the seat moved when performing both tests.

I tried the memory functions again and was successful, even completed the FOB programming and recall!
That's great! Does it automatically save your radio settings and climate settings? Mine does not it only recalls that mirrors and the seats which is fine it still works great and it's pretty cool.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ricks Ram: No alfa tool. Maybe have dealership reflash 8.4. What do you think....
The dealer is not capable of adding the ventilated seat code to your truck because it is not allowed in your trim level. If you took your truck to them they would tell you it's impossible to do because they are clueless about most of this stuff. You will have to enable it with the alfa tool. You can also use the alfa tool to enable the seat memory function so it works plus link to your key fobs plus all kinds of other things. I definitely recommend going to the alfa OBD thread and read the 1st post with all the descriptions and known working codes and then purchase the app and install the codes in your truck. The only other option besides alpha is infotainment OBD Genie and I'm not sure if they even provided it anymore. The genie also has been proven to be inefficient at times because it does not enable all the correct codes. The best known way to do it is to purchase the alfa.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks much Rick. Where do I purchase the alfa tool.
Go to the alfa OBD thread and read the first post. It will have all the information you need. Ghost-Ram does a great job of keeping the list current. The app is available on the Google play store for $49. There is only an Android or Windows version. It is Not I phone compatible. You will also need to purchase the OBD Link MX from ScanTool to connect to your OBD port in your truck so you can enable the codes. Read All the information before you start to familiarize yourself with how it works. The tool is appsolutly amazing and works well but it is also powerful. The more knowledge you have before you start the better it will be. There are several of us who monitor the thread. If you need help after you have read all the information just post it on the alfa thread.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That's great! Does it automatically save your radio settings and climate settings? Mine does not it only recalls that mirrors and the seats which is fine it still works great and it's pretty cool.

It recalled the radio station, but not climate and I don't have memory mirrors yet.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It recalled the radio station, but not climate and I don't have memory mirrors yet.
Can't get mine to do either the radio or the temp. The seats and mirrors work great and honesty I keep the ATC set at 72° So it's not a big deal. Just not sure why it won't work.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Can't get mine to do either the radio or the temp. The seats and mirrors work great and honesty I keep the ATC set at 72° So it's not a big deal. Just not sure why it won't work.

I wouldn't mind having the temp set as well, but can't figure out why it's not. Looked through the list of setting in Alpha and don't see any that stand out, for either the radio or temp.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't mind having the temp set as well, but can't figure out why it's not. Looked through the list of setting in Alpha and don't see any that stand out, for either the radio or temp.
Yes I did the same and didn't see anything either. Did you have to install your heated seat harness or was your truck pre wired for the heated/vented seats and then you added the memory seat wiring? I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between certain trucks. I know that some guys have reported that that the radio and temp settings have worked when they activated the memory seats but their trucks came with the heated seat wiring plus the memory seat wiring from the factory.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yes I did the same and didn't see anything either. Did you have to install your heated seat harness or was your truck pre wired for the heated/vented seats and then you added the memory seat wiring? I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between certain trucks. I know that some guys have reported that that the radio and temp settings have worked when they activated the memory seats but their trucks came with the heated seat wiring plus the memory seat wiring from the factory.

Mine was pre-wired for the heated/vented seats, I just had to add the memory seat wiring. I also had the 8.4 radio and dual ATC from the factory.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was pre-wired for the heated/vented seats, I just had to add the memory seat wiring. I also had the 8.4 radio and dual ATC from the factory.
That's kinda what I thought. My truck had none of the wiring and I had to add it all. I don't think it's a code issue. I am thinking it's a wiring issue. My truck had none of the correct wiring and my radio and ATC don't set to memory. Your truck came with the heated/vented seat wiring only and you added the memory wiring and your radio sets to memory but your ATC doesn't. The trucks that come with the full heated/vented/memory seat wiring seem to function normally when the same codes are enabled. I am going to start going over whatever schematics I have to see if I can figure out what I may be missing.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Looking at my manual, they don't mention Temp settings as part of the seat memory. Only seat, mirrors, pedals, and radio.

This feature allows the driver to store up to two different
memory profiles for easy recall through a memory switch.
Each memory profile contains desired position settings for
the driver’s seat, side mirrors, adjustable pedals (if
equipped) and a set of desired radio station presets. Your
remote keyless entry key fob can also be programmed to
recall the same positions when the unlock button is pushed.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at my manual, they don't mention Temp settings as part of the seat memory. Only seat, mirrors, pedals, and radio.

This feature allows the driver to store up to two different
memory profiles for easy recall through a memory switch.
Each memory profile contains desired position settings for
the driver’s seat, side mirrors, adjustable pedals (if
equipped) and a set of desired radio station presets. Your
remote keyless entry key fob can also be programmed to
recall the same positions when the unlock button is pushed.
That's interesting. My manual says it can store the ATC plus radio settings. My manual has been wrong in the past though. I am pretty sure I have seen people post that they could save the ATC settings but I haven't seen it in person. I have a friend with a Laramie. I will ask him if he knows. It would seem that the ATC automatically resetting would be kind of redundant because we basically keep it where we like it all the time anyway. It would make sense that it's not included maybe it's a misprint in my manual not sure