How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I won't be able to complete the front today all parts are ready to install but the good old USPS has had the parking sensors circling Dallas for the last 4 days going to every post office except mine to be delivered so hopefully Monday will be the magic day I complete this.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Sherman what gauge wire did you use?

Also what size holes did you drill in your bumpers?

Clean looking fabrication and install!!

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sherman what gauge wire did you use?

Also what size holes did you drill in your bumpers?

Clean looking fabrication and install!!
I used 18 gauge got it on Ebay 6 rolls 100ft each for like 35$ The bit I used I got on amazon the hole size 1-1/8 inch this is the bit I used
Innetoc 3/8" Shank Titanium Step Drill Bit, 1/4' to 1-3/8' in 1/8' Increments with SafePlastic Case|10 Steps

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the front I measured 2 inches over from the plate and 1 inch down from the bend in the bumper where they crossed was my center point for my bit. Then from that center point they are 15 inches apart center to center. The only difference was the third sensor on each side is I measured 1-1/4 down from the bend in the bumper instead of the 1inch to acct. for the upward curve in the bend of the bumper.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I won't be able to complete the front today all parts are ready to install but the good old USPS has had the parking sensors circling Dallas for the last 4 days going to every post office except mine to be delivered so hopefully Monday will be the magic day I complete this.
Did you buy the Dorman sensors ?

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went ahead and wired everything today so when the parking sensors come I can just plug them in. Pics of wire harness install.

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_4627.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Front bumper with harness connections. It takes longer to install the front harness because of location of sensors and how the bumper is enclosed. Skuppy069 was the metal bumper any easier? My bumper had a plastic shield behind the plastic outter bumper.

IMG_4634.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Front bumper with harness connections. It takes longer to install the front harness because of location of sensors and how the bumper is enclosed. Skuppy069 was the metal bumper any easier? My bumper had a plastic shield behind the plastic outter bumper.

View attachment 201090
I bought a new aftermarket bumper
Which was a project on it .
It was a steel bumper
The harness took me about 20 mins to run .
Pretty much open on my bumper

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a new aftermarket bumper
Which was a project on it .
It was a steel bumper
The harness took me about 20 mins to run .
Pretty much open on my bumper
Ok everyone who tries this with plastic bumper their is another plastic shield on the inside of the bumper that prohibits direct access to where the harness needs to sit for direct access. You will need to remove the bumper in order get the harness in the proper place.