How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi guys does anyone know what this connector part number would be for like mouser etc
It’s the connector for the park sensors in the jumper harness itself
I’m trying to source out all the connectors so we can avoid buying the expensive and non available repair kits anymore .
I will build a harness if I can track down all the parts etc and test it out and do up a drawing showing what I did .
Might be a few weeks before I get this done etc but would hopefully give people the option to still do this mod and make it cheaper if possible .
Thanks in advance .

05DFCEF3-30BF-4A6D-A487-16AFFF06BF3E.jpeg

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I’ve got this project on the back burner. Back in October was able to source the connectors for C1, C2, C 3, and the in-line connector to the front jumper. I have not sourced part numbers for the pins yet. They are all yazaki connectors

As long as you order $100, they will sell any combination/number of connectors. I have not ordered yet because I was going to add the correct pins to it as well.

Once I find the part numbers for the pins, I will add them, and do the order. That may be a while though, because I’m doing a Rambox bed swap right now. If anyone is interested in getting in on this let me know

Here is the order I had set up. If anyone knows the pins for the connectors, please feel free to list them. They can be added to the order as well, and a couple of the connectors can be taken out of the order so that it still totals $100c99412a660fd2169288692cda3af538b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
what website did you use ?
Nexelec cant get one of the connectors

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hi Skuppy069, you said you ran 7 wires to the rear for the sensors and the 7th wire you connected I believe to the rear camera? Where did you connect the other end of that wire?

Also where did you connect the power wire off the 12 pin connector plug at the control module?

I have the control module and the 3 plugs coming next week.

Slowly getting this project going.

Thanks again for all your write ups Skuppy and pictures.

5/2/2020

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Skuppy069, you said you ran 7 wires to the rear for the sensors and the 7th wire you connected I believe to the rear camera? Where did you connect the other end of that wire?

Also where did you connect the power wire off the 12 pin connector plug at the control module?

5/2/2020
The other end is the #1 pin in your 12 way connector

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your camera run relay will be the pink and yellow wire in the harness coming out of tailgate. Pin 11 on the 12 way will be your ground you don't have to run that all the way to the back there's a group of ground wires next to where the module mounts where you can connect the ground. Your C can +and- go to the green can connector by the obdII port there's only 1 port left for it to fit. The can connectors is 2-2138650-1 and 5-963715-6 for the pins these are available on mouser.com for a very cheap price. As Brandam1 stated buy extra he messed up 1 and I followed in his footsteps and messed up one as well so order extra.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
The other end is the #1 pin in your 12 way connector

5/2/2020
i will draw you a schematic and take a pic of where I spliced the run relay circuit at the tailgate Harness .Cheers

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thank you both Sherman Robbins and Skuppy069. Looking forward to your drawing skuppy069.
Question in regards to the power from the rear camera connecting to the 12 pin connector, does that also turn on the front sensors? Do I have to install a separate on/off switch for the front?
Thank you guys again.

5/3/2020

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you both Sherman Robbins and Skuppy069. Looking forward to your drawing skuppy069.
Question in regards to the power from the rear camera connecting to the 12 pin connector, does that also turn on the front sensors? Do I have to install a separate on/off switch for the front?
Thank you guys again.

5/3/2020
Yeah it powers up the whole park assist module which reads all the sensors

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
i will draw you a schematic and take a pic of where I spliced the run relay circuit at the tailgate Harness .Cheers
I will add to this but this is how c1 would get wired .
Are you doing both the front and rear sensors ?

F23F0090-CFBD-4774-B7E4-F2BAF535B910.jpeg
Just a note on the drawing if you look at the connectors it will show you a terminal number as a reference etc .
It all depends on how you hold look at the connector I just don’t want some one to just plug there terminal in based on this pic .
The pin out is correct so if you follow the numbers on the connector and reference the numbers I have drawn you will be good to go .

Last edited:

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah it powers up the whole park assist module which reads all the sensors
No need to thank me skuppy069 is the mastermind behind this without him I would have been lost he was even willing to schedule an over the phone conversation when I couldn’t get my sound working great guy!!! I’m just trying to pass on what has been passed on from him. The on off switch for both will be in the lower dash switch you will need this if you want the ability to turn the system on and off if not the system is on by default once updated in alfaobd

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thank you for the drawn.

Yes I am doing both front n rear. But for right now just trying to get everything together for the rear, then the front should go pretty easy.
Would a repair shop be able to set my settings in my computer?

And do you know what size is the pin removal tool? I bought some used connector plugs and if they fit the module I may still have to change some of the pin locations.

Still looking for the C can 2 pin connector.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
No need to thank me skuppy069 is the mastermind behind this without him I would have been lost he was even willing to schedule an over the phone conversation when I couldn’t get my sound working great guy!!! I’m just trying to pass on what has been passed on from him. The on off switch for both will be in the lower dash switch you will need this if you want the ability to turn the system on and off if not the system is on by default once updated in alfaobd
More ideas the better so it’s great to hear others that have done this helping out others .
Cheers bud

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thank you Sherman.
I have been following this ever since skuppy did his write up and pictures.
I read your part about the no sound and I wonder if you disconnect the battery then hook it back up after about 20 minutes if your sound would have come on? Anyway it’s great you have yours working now.

I posted awhile back that I found my rear wires and was able to trace them inside the cab, but going back and continuing my search another day I found that one wire went to 2 fuses under the hood for the trailer brake. I was lost at that point.

Thank you all again.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will add to this but this is how c1 would get wired .
Are you doing both the front and rear sensors ?

View attachment 200790
Just a note on the drawing if you look at the connectors it will show you a terminal number as a reference etc .
It all depends on how you hold look at the connector I just don’t want some one to just plug there terminal in based on this pic .
The pin out is correct so if you follow the numbers on the connector and reference the numbers I have drawn you will be good to go .

0A14D01D-002D-426E-B022-769FA6C61A25.jpeg

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you Sherman.
I have been following this ever since skuppy did his write up and pictures.
I read your part about the no sound and I wonder if you disconnect the battery then hook it back up after about 20 minutes if your sound would have come on? Anyway it’s great you have yours working now.

I posted awhile back that I found my rear wires and was able to trace them inside the cab, but going back and continuing my search another day I found that one wire went to 2 fuses under the hood for the trailer brake. I was lost at that point.

Thank you all again.
That’s a good question our trucks are funny sometimes as I think about it now disconnecting the battery probably would have forced the update. I’m in the process of doing the front now should be able to have the install completed sometime Sunday if my sensors come in everything else has been delivered. I’ve already made my wire harness for the front. Had to cut the factory wire harness and wire quick disconnect weather proof connector in. I couldn’t find the part number for the factory connector

Last edited:

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the drawn.

Yes I am doing both front n rear. But for right now just trying to get everything together for the rear, then the front should go pretty easy.
Would a repair shop be able to set my settings in my computer?

And do you know what size is the pin removal tool? I bought some used connector plugs and if they fit the module I may still have to change some of the pin locations.

Still looking for the C can 2 pin connector.
If you have an Android or windows device the best way to do the programing is to buy the obdlink MX on amazon and alfaobd and perform the programming yourself. You would probably come out cheaper than going to a dealership or any shop. The C can 2 pin connector can be found on mouser.com I put the part numbers in one of my earlier post. You can get the connectors 10 for like $4 and the pins are even cheaper they usually ship the next day after you place your order I live in Dallas where they are based so mine arrived the next day.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thank you Sherman

I am looking for that connector, the 2 pin and found on eBay but it was $60.00!!!!!!

I went to Mouser.com but I guess I did not have the correct part number. I will look into that.

Do you know what size pin removal tool it takes?

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you Sherman

I am looking for that connector, the 2 pin and found on eBay but it was $60.00!!!!!!

I went to Mouser.com but I guess I did not have the correct part number. I will look into that.

Do you know what size pin removal tool it takes?
This is the part# for the 2 pin connector at mouser.com 2-2138650-1 go to the website and put this number in the search bar and the 2 pin connector will come up along with that you will need the pins that go inside the connector the part number is 5-963715-6. these are not factory Mopar parts which I'm guessing what makes them cheaper as Skuppy069 said in an earlier post this install would be so much cheaper if we could find the harnesses and connector through someone else other than Mopar. you shouldn't need a pin removal tool for this you will be connecting your wires to the pins that you order with the connector and inserting them into the connector.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just went to their website if you place your order today within the next 8 hrs it will ship today