How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you Sherman.

Did you get C1 C2 and C3 connector plugs from Mouser?
No C1 C2 I bought a cheap module on eBay that had the C1 and C2 connectors already plugged into it. The module was from a Jeep it was $29 but it had the same connections as the ram wire colors everything the same. At the time I didn’t know that the wire colors were the same or even if the pins were in the right place because I knew I could move the pins if needed I just needed the connector I was just looking for a Chrysler product parking sensor module that had an 8pin and 12pin connector. I email the seller and he also had the correct module I needed he sold me both for $60 free shipping. For the front that I’m adding now that is the C3 I found the connector kit at a local dealership in Dallas for $43 the part# is 68030130AA since it Was local I didn’t have to pay the crazy shipping prices.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No C1 C2 I bought a cheap module on eBay that had the C1 and C2 connectors already plugged into it. The module was from a Jeep it was $29 but it had the same connections as the ram wire colors everything the same. At the time I didn’t know that the wire colors were the same or even if the pins were in the right place because I knew I could move the pins if needed I just needed the connector I was just looking for a Chrysler product parking sensor module that had an 8pin and 12pin connector. I email the seller and he also had the correct module I needed he sold me both for $60 free shipping. For the front that I’m adding now that is the C3 I found the connector kit at a local dealership in Dallas for $43 the part# is 68030130AA since it Was local I didn’t have to pay the crazy shipping prices.
Ebay has several from Jeep’s and Chargers on the web now for about 45$ that still cheaper than buying the connectors separately. Just search for Dodge park assist module.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Wow that’s great. I get my connector plugs next Wednesday. They are with a Bosch park assist control module, for a Maserati lol!!!
They look like they will work. If not I can return it, but for $39.00 for the three plugs and if they work I will be a happy camper.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow that’s great. I get my connector plugs next Wednesday. They are with a Bosch park assist control module, for a Maserati lol!!!
They look like they will work. If not I can return it, but for $39.00 for the three plugs and if they work I will be a happy camper.
Cool I hope it works for you. Really wish we could find the source of the connectors then this retro wouldn't be very expensive at all I spent 4 hours the other night searching the web for auto connectors with no avail. Mopar is really overpricing these repair kits they're plastic not gold LOL!!!!! My job is considered essential but as essential as it is I'm doing nothing but flying around on airplanes with 3 and 4 people on them so I'm just really flying around on the internet so the searching passes the time.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I order one extra of each.

Did you put the pin in from the wire side of the connector or the plug in side?

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I order one extra of each.

Did you put the pin in from the wire side of the connector or the plug in side?
The pin goes in from the wire side its only going to fit one way. You want to crimp your wire into the pin first then slide the pin into the connector there's a clip that you push down once both pins are pushed into place. Make sure you push the pins in as far forward as they go or the clip won't close and it won't fit into the C can connector. Also there's a positive and negative make sure you look at which wire you are installing where when you push your pins into the connectors you bought from mouser.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hi Sherman and Skuppy069. Where did you bring your wire harness for the rear sensors into the cab of your trucks? The one that goes from control module to rear sensors.
Do you have a picture?

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi Sherman and Skuppy069. Where did you bring your wire harness for the rear sensors into the cab of your trucks? The one that goes from control module to rear sensors.
Do you have a picture?
I can get you a pic Today
I came out where the park brake cable goes out from the cab to the underside side of truck body

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a picture?
I brought mine in where the parking brake cable comes in by the driver side seat you should already have that trim off. Under that wire harness is a rubber plug with parking brake cable inside. Pull the plug and bring wire in beside it push it back down you might have to cut a small portion of the rubber plug where your wire comes in to get it to sit flush don’t cut to much you still want it to seal back to keep water out. I don’t have pics with me I get home late tonight if you still need pics I’ll send them tomorrow.

Last edited:

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I brought mine in where the parking brake cable comes in by the driver side seat you should already have that trim off. Under that wire harness is a rubber plug with parking brake cable inside. Pull the plug and bring wire in beside it push it back down you might have to cut a small portion of the rubber plug where your wire comes in to get it to sit flush don’t cut to much you still want it to seal back to keep water out. I don’t have pics with me I get home late tonight if you still need pics I’ll send them tomorrow.
Here is where I brought my harness into the cab.

IMG_4619.jpeg

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My front harness is ready to go this is the end I had to cut off of the factory bumper harness didn't know the part# for the connector.

IMG_4617.jpeg

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the other end of the harness that connects to the module inside the truck

IMG_4614.jpeg

IMG_4615.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado