How to deactivate anti theft system on 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abigbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello Forum people. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn. My battery was completely dead. I pulled it and did an overnight charge. I installed the battery(with full charge). My fob has a good battery but it's doing nothing. I opened driver door and alarm went off. I understand the truck is equipped with anti theft system. How do I deactivate this? The ignition switch is a push button, not keyed ignition. I've googled so many keywords to find info but nothing. Does anybody have correct set of instructions to get everything working? The owner's manual was no help for me. Can somebody please help me?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Replace the battery go from there

The real issue is you have no presence in this forum and no credibility you’re asking to bypass an anti theft feature on a 40K + vehicle

Call a tow service or dealership and have a business that can help you reactivate your security system with your proof of ownership and identity documentation

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

abigbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you mister luck! Yes, I just joined this forum today. I understand you will need a tow service for anything done to your vehicles. I was looking for any solution for this to start my truck. Today is Sunday. The dealership service department is closed today. I had come across the dealership giving me the passcode with proper documentation. This issue shouldn't be so difficult that it requires a tow service!!! I understand if your tire is a little low you would need a tow service to pump air into your tire so you could drive again. I have two hands and tools, as needed, to do these things myself. I had hoped I would receive something, in this forum, to help with getting passed this. Your response helps me to understand you......

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Thank you mister luck! Yes, I just joined this forum today. I understand you will need a tow service for anything done to your vehicles. I was looking for any solution for this to start my truck. Today is Sunday. The dealership service department is closed today. I had come across the dealership giving me the passcode with proper documentation. This issue shouldn't be so difficult that it requires a tow service!!! I understand if your tire is a little low you would need a tow service to pump air into your tire so you could drive again. I have two hands and tools, as needed, to do these things myself. I had hoped I would receive something, in this forum, to help with getting passed this. Your response helps me to understand you......
Very inconvenient for you I must admit but as an excuse for someone anonymously posting asking for sensitive information quite the opposite.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you should be able to hit the door unlock on your fob and shut the alarm off or at least that worked on mine. have you tried starting holding your fob to the starter button? I wish I had better advice.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
mister luck is sad? dude has a key fob for crying out loud lol.
You want a key fob ?
I can get you one on eBay…

57BD94BA-30A5-459A-BFD0-3ED4D8BD9A26.jpeg
Maybe you want a Lishi just for Chryslers

072F44D2-57C3-4782-8B5B-FD81DAB49EE5.jpeg
Just because I can break into a car with a pick or a slim jim doesn’t mean I own it.

If you help someone on the street or a parking lot break in and they can’t prove ownership and law enforcement rolls up …you could be an accessory

I suppose you could just private message the guy I’m just curious why admin has this hanging out here ?

REPORTED

“can any first time post be specific on how to activate a key fob ?”

Last edited:

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I would say go out and buy a 5,000 dollar computer along with the dodge program installed at a other cost and a obd connector. And reset it. I have one, but I won't do it unless I'm the one that caused the problem.

Stick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, now that the dust has settled on this issue, I'm curious if the OP had any luck or is still part of this forum. I mean, you can google how to reset it with your fob.... so it shouldn't be a big secret or difficult. So... UPDATE Bigbutt??

RedalecAO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, now that the dust has settled on this issue, I'm curious if the OP had any luck or is still part of this forum. I mean, you can google how to reset it with your fob.... so it shouldn't be a big secret or difficult. So... UPDATE Bigbutt??
To be fair, I have a 2020 Ram 1500, this truck has been an electronic Problema! So far.

The very first time the battery died on me, I had left the dashcam on for 2-3 days in a row running, there was a storm so the truck didn’t move at all. Needless to say dashcam weakened the battery, so the next time I went to start it remotely, the compressor kicked in and drained it completely. That caused all short of troubles.
I went and got the battery replaced, key fob wouldn’t work, my truck was in a complete anti theft lock down.
First of all, holding the physical key 30 sec or whatever in the keyhole does not work nor resets anything. Holding keyfob to the push to start for 30, 60 then pushing in it doesn’t work at all. So even If I’m the rightful owner of the truck, it really “ain’t mine”, if you know what I mean. I had to disconnect the battery for a few to get the “Enter anti theft code” to pop in the big screen, then IT went away. I had to pop the big screen out and find the serial number then wait for the dealership to send me the anti theft code. As I waited a whole day for their response I disconnected the battery, the next time I reconnected it and everything power up, it asked me for the code and before I could type in, it went away and my truck went back to normal.

The point I’m trying to make is that, even if we are the rightful owners (at least with the 2020 Ram 1500) it’s beyond our understanding how we can simply be locked out with keyfob at hand and car sitting in the driveway. So don’t be quick to judge, I’ve never been in any Ram forum’s, ever. The one time I did for the very first time was cause like ops here, couldn’t figure out how to get into Our truck.