How to Fix that Door SQUEAK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Super simple but also seems to be extremely common on these 4th gens. I've gone crazy lubricating all the hinge points before but there usually only is one culprit for the squeak and its that there is no lubrication on the post that the roller spins on. Save yourself a whole lot of time and headache and lube this specific area and you can go on with your day squeak free!

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for this! My truck did it when I first got it, then it went away, but now its back! I am assuming because of the heat? I dont know but now I have a fix!

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. I had this problem. Sprayed an area and it went away. I opened and closed the door, heard the noise and concluded it was in "an area"! Lol. No, we don't need that red straw, just spray in "that area".

When it comes back, I know what to do next time. Good job on this find, I won't have to clean up next time!

Thanks

HemiJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the reason it sticks is that the roller likes to ride up high on the post. I take a socket and rubber mallet and give it a tap down and it will roll smooth until it rides back up. I wish I would have figured it out before I had the dealership change out one hinge. It didn't matter what I put on that roller is was frozen, and the body shop had issues getting the door back on and aligned.