Door squeak fix

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there's a few threads on this already. I tried multiple types of lube, oil, etc and they work for a while but it comes back. I realized that the roller would work its way all the up which didn't allow it to rotate freely. This causes the noise.

I tried a rubber washer to see if it would work well to stop that contact. I bought some plastic ones to replace the rubber one with if it worked but worn out. It's been two months and the rubber one is still there. I don't think I would try anything else as this takes all of 10 seconds to do.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

The rubber washer just slips over the post. You may have to tap the roller down so it can fit. It's a quick and cheap fix. Worth a try if you're tired of spraying crap on the hinge.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome job. My 2011 started doing that about 6 months before I traded it in. Had I thought of this little trick I wouldn't have wasted so much spray lube. Good find

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice find! wonder if theres a silicone one, that would last longer. I can see the rubber one dry rotting out it time. Maybe one from an rc trucks shock could work.
My bike chain lube is still keeping it quiet after a year, stuff is amazing, the 2 together could be an even better combo.

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice find! wonder if theres a silicone one, that would last longer. I can see the rubber one dry rotting out it time. Maybe one from an rc trucks shock could work.
My bike chain lube is still keeping it quiet after a year, stuff is amazing, the 2 together could be an even better combo.
If this one fails, I will look into silicone. I originally thought it wouldnt last long so I got some plastic washers I thought I could make work which would hopefully last a long time. Now that it's been two months, I'm sticking with the rubber one. They're just so cheap and easy to replace that plastic or something harder, wouldn't be worth the time. Well see how the rubber holds up going to from summer to winter.

Glad the bike chain lube is working for you. I tried all sorts of stuff on my driver's door, some lasting alot longer than others. I tried oils, lubes, dry lubes, pretty much anything I could find. Didnt try chain lube.

It's only my driver door that has the issue. The rest, the roller stays put and doesn't make a sound. Obviously the driver door gets used alot more but it was getting to be too much.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Now I'm on the hunt, can't find your bag... gotta link???

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What was the name of that chain lube, seemed like it lasted quite a while
it may have been PJ 1
It may have been taken off the market, it was made of whale spe*m originally

Last edited:

joelmic