How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I had a problem with my Iphone not wanting to connect after CarPlay had been working great previously. The Apps screen has one called Projection Manager. If you select this app and then select your phone it should take you to a screen that lets you Forget Device. I did this and let my UAQ rediscover my phone when I plugged it back into the USB hub. CarPlay been working for about a week since I did this.

As it turned out I ran into the dreaded can't connect issue on my way home from work. Sure enough I went to Projection Manager and deleted my phone from it. Reconnected via USB and it worked. Thanks Again.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I got it all put in upgraded a 2014 to a uas Everything works except the back up camera doesn’t come on when I go in reverse
But if I push the back up camera button the image shows up perfectly yet it says Camera not available
In reverse I don’t even get a screen change
I am suspicious that the fact that I have a manual makes a difference
On the ra4 that I had my back up camera only gave me a black screen that would show up when I put it in reverse
But I suspect that was a radio issue as I have a RA3 and that worked fine neither of them had the back up icon though

The film wire version is 21.1

image.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well me personally. I do not have a camera icon on my radio interface and or menu. It works fine otherwise

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black 4 Quad Halogens with HID conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

Hey @Lawsuit11, did this ever get "fixed"? I dont show camera icon either, Thank you!

Last edited:

Toycar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS 6.7
@ManualCummins, 2017 G56 here, having the same issue after the swap. I have a reverse camera and the cargo camera, and both readouts have the same "camera unavailable" readout, and the reverse camera doesn't come on when I put it in reverse. I do have the radio buttons to turn them on though, luckily, so that's been the temporary solution. I can only image that the wiring must be different between the G56 and the auto trucks, or there's a software issue. The real question is if there are any true-blue 2018 G56 trucks with the 4C/UAQ radios and what their wiring/software is doing. I'm concerned that all the 2018 trucks with Android auto were automatic trans trucks.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yeah, I would like to know what a factory 8.4 truck with manual trans does. I know this has popped up before, but there just aren't enough of you all out there with that setup to know what's supposed to happen.

M² Mods.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
They only made 281 2500’s and 156 3500’s with manual transmissions. A guy at work bought a 2018 manual diesel trademan but it has a 3” radio and no backup camera.

Last edited:

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wanted to thank Mpgrimm2 and Deereguy for the harness and info, install went smooth and most everything is working. Auto climate, 7 speed fan, backup camera kicks in when in reverse, (just no camera button on screen as stated earlier) I confess im not sure what i SHOULD be seeing on Inst Cluster. When Apple CarPlay engaged, i just see Apple CarPlay, i dont see song or artist, same with SXM, all looks great on radio though.
Also curious what the latest software that can be installed from a USB flash drive might be? Thank you again!

Last edited:

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’ve ordered a back up camera ad on module which is supposed to imitate the same signal as an automatic truck to the radio I will let you know if this fixes my problem when I get it in

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_20191014_220341674.jpg scored a uas from a 2019 ram classic today and discovered a 22.5 application version for a uas.of course to me it sounds like over kill on the bass eq like my uaq.tha manufacture date on the uas had a 2018 date so i tried the 22.6 application mgrimm has for a 18 uas.so far its taking i will know for sure in about half a hour.so if you have a 19 ram classic uas that sounds like crap this may work.but i would make sure the manufacture date is 2018.i don't know if this matters .and don't blame me if your radio bricks i am just being a test dummy your results may vary.and sorry about the pic my cheap moto 5 phones camera sucks.

Green_Hulk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I checked on your website for the UAQ/UAS USB Harness a few times and it shows it's out of stock. Any rough idea when you might have them back in?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody looked at the Carplay / Andoird Auto add-on kits for the 8.4 radio from NaviPlus? They are for Jeep Grand Cherokee. Wonder if they would would work on our RAM's since we can use the Jeep radios.

https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-store/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-WK2-UConnect-8-4-Integrated-Android-Auto-&-Apple-CarPlay-Package-Kit-p96658079

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand...627136?hash=item2cf035edc0:g:L7QAAOSw9mpaFgbf

At that price you're probably better off getting a used UAx radio and doing the modification yourself.

Green_Hulk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but great info. I have my 4C radio installed in my 2016 RAM, I have the Compass USB hub, and I am wondering how to get my hands on the USB harness? Thanks

Green_Hulk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there known issues with the Auto-On heated seats and stearing wheel after upgrading? I checked and the feature is enabled but my seats and stearing wheel were nice and cold the last few mornings. This is in a 2016. These worked with my old 8.4 system. thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are there known issues with the Auto-On heated seats and stearing wheel after upgrading? I checked and the feature is enabled but my seats and stearing wheel were nice and cold the last few mornings. This is in a 2016. These worked with my old 8.4 system. thanks
Is the outside temperature being reported on the radio below 40°F? That is when the Auto-On for the heated seats and steering wheel come on depending on if you select for them to come on with every start, remote start or not at all.

Green_Hulk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good question. I will look in the morning. I tried with every start then the next morning did remote start. The temp was right around 40 both mornings so that might be the issue.

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

It’s been working on my 2014 with a UAQ installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk